wtb grainmill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have one, but have been using a 3-roller Crank-and-Stein for about 6 years and would highly recommend one.

If you're on a budget and don't want to spend much, +1 on the coronas. I bought a victoria (just another brand that makes this style) for $20 shipped a couple months back. With some quick adjustments, eg adding washers and replcing cotter pin with bolt, I am getting 75-80% eff on every batch now.
I actually enjoy milling the grains by hand, maybe takes 20 minutes to grind 10lbs? Not very long.

skyzo said:
If you're on a budget and don't want to spend much, +1 on the coronas. I bought a victoria (just another brand that makes this style) for $20 shipped a couple months back. With some quick adjustments, eg adding washers and replcing cotter pin with bolt, I am getting 75-80% eff on every batch now.
I actually enjoy milling the grains by hand, maybe takes 20 minutes to grind 10lbs? Not very long.

Where did u purchase it?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U5NZ4I/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Free 2 day shipping for prime members too.

Be prepared to make those modifications to it though, because when I first got it I thought it was a piece of **** because it was so inconsistent. Then I read up online about it, went to the hardware store and bought .50c worth of parts, and I love it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
skyzo said:
Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Victoria-Fashioned-Cast-Grinder-Grain/dp/B000U5NZ4I

Free 2 day shipping for prime members too.

Be prepared to make those modifications to it though, because when I first got it I thought it was a piece of **** because it was so inconsistent. Then I read up online about it, went to the hardware store and bought .50c worth of parts, and I love it now.

Yep, I've got this one and love it! 2 or 3 washers on each side and a bolt where the handle goes, mount inside of a bucket, and you're good to go! Just check out the ugly junk corona mill thread for ideas on how to mount it and such, very helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
What efficiency do you guys get with this? And also I'm terrible with tools and assembling junk like this ...still think its possible?

even if you're a novice with tools and such, it's just some wing nuts and washers, it's extremely simple.
once you get it dialed in, the eff you can get is around 80-85. usually i get around 70%, but i'm still dialing it in

even if you're a novice with tools and such, it's just some wing nuts and washers, it's extremely simple.
once you get it dialed in, the eff you can get is around 80-85. usually i get around 70%, but i'm still dialing it in

Is there a parts list and/or instructions for the modifications to the corona mill?

Latest posts

Back