Dry Hopping a Copper IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cascade is a good all around. For a 5 gallon batch, could do 2 oz for 7 days to get your feet wet in dryhopping

Once again,the Cooper's kits are 23L,or 6.072USG. 7-10 days dry hopping is fine. And keep in mind,the Cooper's IPA is British style,not American hop flavor bomb IPA.

unionrdr said:
Once again,the Cooper's kits are 23L,or 6.072USG. 7-10 days dry hopping is fine. And keep in mind,the Cooper's IPA is British style,not American hop flavor bomb IPA.

He is more than likely talking Imperial gallons (which I use as I'm in the UK). 23 litres is around 5 Imperial gallons, which is 40 Imperial pints.

i've never dry hopped a Coppers IPA but i do brew this one often. i do 30 min boils and add about 1-2oz of hops. i usually go with Cascade and Citra combination of just Cascade on it's own.

This is one of my favorite IPA's. quick and easy to keep the kegs full!!

I added Fuggles to dry-hop a coopers IPA. The kit is not nearly as hoppy as I hoped, nor did I add enough (I think an additional 3 oz). So I wouldn't be afraid to add too much hops if you're looking for something noticeably hoppy.

Back