Competition Judging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaleco

Reaction score
I am about to enter my second competition, which is the first one I have entered that requires the BJCP recipe form. Does the recipe affect any part of the judging process? Why is it required? Will the judges reference it after judging to offer helpful critiques? And finally, if the judges can reference it, could they change their initial scores based on it? :confused:

Thanks!

I believe the recipes are only needed to make sure you're entering your beer into the correct category. If you enter into the wrong category, you're disqualified...so make sure you get it right. The recipes are also used for data logging I'm sure. Books like Designing Great Beers use information from past homebrew competition winners to tell it's readers what most winning recipes used for ingredients. So...I'm sure there's a way to access these recipes.

And I believe that once you've been judged, it's over. They can't go back and change it.

Back