• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

HERMS or RIMS Electric Brewery Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatfieldenator

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my system to a new control panel so I'm selling my previous controller here. This is a very simple, but functional panel and works very well. I've used it myself for dozens of brews and had great success. I did not build this controller myself, it was purchased from a local brewer who was getting out of the hobby as part of an all grain system that I'm still using. Its made of good, quality parts and has absolutely nothing wrong with it.
This is the perfect way to get started in electric brewing!

Here's the details:
-240V/5500Watt System
-2 PIDs (Omega brand) (one for controlling the heatstick, the other for monitoring a second temp. reading)
-Capable of firing 1 5500 watt heating element, but can easily be upgraded to control two.
-K type Thermocouplers included
-Output for 1 heating element and for 1 pump (120V)
-Panel is made of steel as shown in the pictures.
-Simple operation. PIDs are turned on/off with a flip of a switch. There is a seperate switch for turning the pump on/off
-Can be used to control a RIMS or HERMS set up. I used it as a HERMS controller and it did an excellent job! It is able to maintain temps PERFECTLY at whatever mash temp you desire
-As can be seen in the photo, there is plenty of room inside the panel to add a second SSR and heatsink for controlling another heating element for a boil kettle if desired

INCLUDED:
Control panel as shown, 2 Thermocouplers with easy disconnects, cords with plugs for the heating element and a pump.
Detailed instruction manual with original documents for the PIDs and all electric components and instructions on how it works
Hooks up to a standard 30A/240V outlet (cord attached and included)

Pictures:
Front
controllersale2.jpg

Inside
controllersale.jpg

Outlets for heating element and pump (cords included)
controllersale4.jpg

Power Cord
controllersale3.jpg

Price is $350 plus actual shipping through UPS or FedEx
Paypal accepted
PM if interested

Alright, 300 views and no takers. Must mean the price isn't right. Price Reduction...
$250!! and you can get started in the electric brewing world very quickly.

I am not criticizing you or anything but $200 for a couple PID's, an SSR and a couple of toggle switches is pretty steep. A little lower and I bet you will sell it.

Back