Homebrewer from Utah

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nos33

Reaction score
Hi.

My name is Bryce and i am a new homebrewer. I just got into this a few weeks ago and now my fist batch is almost ready for secondary ferment. I think i will like it here and am excited to try some of your formulas.

Right on Bryce!

Welcome to the forums. How is brewing in Orem? Do you guys have a homebrew store in Utah county?

I'm glad you guys are able to legally brew there finally. I have a friend that brewed for years there but had to keep it all on the downlow.....welcome

i dont think there is a home brew down here. I have just been driving up to SLC to the Beer Nut

Hi. I'm just down the road in Provo, but lived in Orem for years. I also went to the Beer Nut in SLC. Boiled my first wort yesterday (the Belgian White kit from Beer Nut) and it's bubbling away in primary fermentation now.

Anyway, glad to hear of a near-neighbor getting into the hobby as well. :)

i am going to start a belgian while the day after christmas

I live in the SLC area, I's glad to see a few other people from my state on here. If you are looking for a place to buy kits I Highly suggest www.midwestsupplies.com The Beer nut doesn't have the best selection of brew kits and they are just a little over priced. Although I do buy a lot of stuff from the beer nut anyway, just to support the only brewing store around.

I don't do the beernut. I shop at Arts instead (Washington Ave between 600S and 700S). Arts doesn't have kits, but he has a lot of stuff, especially for AG brewers. His equipment and keg supply is also pretty good.

I live in the SLC area, I's glad to see a few other people from my state on here. If you are looking for a place to buy kits I Highly suggest www.midwestsupplies.com The Beer nut doesn't have the best selection of brew kits and they are just a little over priced. Although I do buy a lot of stuff from the beer nut anyway, just to support the only brewing store around.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered my next kit, along with a bunch of other supplies I needed. from there.

I don't do the beernut. I shop at Arts instead (Washington Ave between 600S and 700S). Arts doesn't have kits, but he has a lot of stuff, especially for AG brewers. His equipment and keg supply is also pretty good.

Good to know. I don't make it to SLC very often, but I'll keep Arts in mind and try that first when I do. Thanks.

Once i get into the groove of this, then i will start exploring other stores. The beernut is not that badly priced. and their staff is friendly.

I am starting a new batch this weekend. It will be a Belgian White.

I thought their staff was friendly too, but I'm not too impressed with the Belgian White kit. It came with sweet orange peel rather than bitter, and the coriander looks to be Moroccan rather than Indian. Of course, I haven't tasted it yet...it's still fermenting. I"m hoping it turns out good anyway.

Good luck with yours! Cheers!

Logan is a long ways away lol.

And my kit of Belgian came with Bitter Orange not sweet. I just got my irish stout into bottles so now it is off to the Belgian

If you find yourself way up north, try Rivercity brew in Richmond, UT. Kinda small but has almost everything you need

New brewer from Salt Lake City. My current setup is small time, but it brews good beer. I hope to have a fermentation lab set up in my basement soon and have beer and wine going at all times. Maybe even a batch of cider from time to time. I have been browsing for a while and finally decided to jump in to the community. I look forward to a long and happy collaberation with everyone here.

I thought their staff was friendly too, but I'm not too impressed with the Belgian White kit. It came with sweet orange peel rather than bitter, and the coriander looks to be Moroccan rather than Indian. Of course, I haven't tasted it yet...it's still fermenting. I"m hoping it turns out good anyway.

Now that I've consumed this batch, I thought I'd come back and say that it WAS GOOD and I'm still giving The Beer Nut a thumbs up. Even though the kit deviated from the traditional style, it was very nice. :)

Greetings fellow Utah home brewers,

I'm new here. I live in SLC and have been obsessed with home brewing since November of last year. I'm preparing to brew my 16th batch, 4th AG, on Sunday. A rhubarb wheat. Based on amazing daze American wheat recipe from Randy Moshers " radical brewing" and my desire to utilize some of that rhubarb in my back yard. I bought ingredients at beer nut yesterday ( just discovered Art's existed, will try there sometime). I love beer nut and will support them regularly. I've also enjoyed very much the beer I've made from kits shipped from Northern Brewer.com

I love good beer and I love brewing! Would enjoy getting involved with local home brew activities some time with other local brewers. Got a couple of friends who brew in North Salt Lake and Layton and we get together once in a while but, most of my brewing is still solo.

Looking forward to online interaction with this forum and other home brewers.

Mark

Back