Boston Beer Brewday 4/19 !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beergears said:
Went through the Reuse-&-Recycle shack at my town's dump this morning, and found a suitable hat for brew day...

You want to explain just what you mean by that there, Smartypants?

DSCF2826-1.jpg

ps
You will notice on Saturday that the copse of trees over my left shoulder is no more. Yippee Kia Yay, MF! More sun for the Cabernet Franc vines!!!

PTN

ok...here is what I am bringing.... (2) 1/2 gal growlers of copper ale and (1) 1/2 gallon on Anchor Steam Lager Clone and 1 500ml bottle of apfelwein (need crtique). A co-worker gave me some of that "Freindship Bread" starter so I got a loaf of that in the oven.

-Will

Thanks to all it was quite the fun day. Many thanks to Paul and Mrs. TheNurse for allowing us to enjoy the day. Very nice to have met everyone (BeerGears, Paulthenurse, Kaiser, and JustMrWill) in person. The food was fantastic and the beer plentiful! I think that I'm a bit sunburned but this too shall pass...
Thanks again. :)

Oh, and Happy Birthday Will... :)

Melana said:
Thanks to all it was quite the fun day. Many thanks to Paul and Mrs. TheNurse for allowing us to enjoy the day. Very nice to have met everyone (BeerGears, Paulthenurse, Kaiser, and JustMrWill) in person. The food was fantastic and the beer plentiful! I think that I'm a bit sunburned but this too shall pass...
Thanks again. :)

Oh, and Happy Birthday Will... :)

+1 on all that. I had a fantastic time. Can't wait to do it again. :mug:

Came home and immediately nodded off on the couch. :tank:

Thanks again.

-JMW

Group photo:

group2.JPG

Mmmm... beer, food!

mm_food_beer.JPG

Melana's BCP... yummy! (now you know why JustMrWill took it easy, resting on the couch...??)

BCP.JPG

Now... some people don't know what to do while the wort is cooling. Not PTN, though...:

tree_overall.JPG

It was a great afternoon. The weather was perfect. Thanks again to Paul and Kaiser for the brewing demonstration. It was cool to watch the contrast in brewing styles. The food was incredible and so was the beer. As soon as I find the software disk for the camera I'll throw some pictures up as well. New pc and still need to get some stuff up and running.

Glibbidy said:
Nice pix. Sounds and looks like it was fun.
I recognize the back of Kaiser's head. How about some ID on the rest of you mugs in the pix.

I'll name the hbters in the pics. Sorry Paul I forgot your neighbors names.

1st pic you called it Kaiser to his right is me (bigjohnmilford) to my left is Paulthenurse and to Pauls right is Melana.

picture 2 is now gone so is picture 3

picture 4 from left to right
Paulthenurse, JustMrWill, bigjohnmilford and Paul's friend with the chainsaw.

Hopefully I'll post some more pics tonight to prove that beergears was there. I think I got some pictures of him.

Paul, Thanks for having us. The beer, and especially the BBQ were great. I was impressed how I was able to maintain sobriety with all the sampling that was going on.

Kai

bigjohnmilford said:
1st pic you called it Kaiser to his right is me (bigjohnmilford) to my left is Paulthenurse and to Pauls right is Melana.

... there is also a tiny bit of JustMrWill belly's, in the blue shirt, at far left!

... And yes it was a fun day, meeting new folks, sampling great stuff, thanks to Pauls' hosting the day.

finally found the disk. here are some pictures

679.JPG

from the left on the ground
Kaiser, JustMrWill, Melana, Beergears. The guy's on the deck are not hbters so they don't count.
683.JPG

again from the left the drunken lumberjacks are
Kaiser (right before he went into the thorn bushes ouch), JustMrWill, bigjohnmilford and our gracious host Paulthenurse.
Thanks again Paul

It looks like I invited you guys over just to put you to work! My pal Duncan was supposed t show up early in the day with the chainsaw, and as you saw, he arrived at 4:30. So, WTH, "Everyone grab ahold of this line so I don't crush my neighbors house." Thanks for the hands, guys.

I'll try to post up some pics later on. My computer is still disconnected, I ran the new electric line today but didn't have a spare ciruit breaker so I couldn't tie it in. Soon.

Anyways, I hope everyone had fun. I sure did. Like Kai, I stayed sober until Duncan and I broke into the shine around 10:30. After that it got ugly. (Fortunately there were no cameras around by then and MrsPTN was asleep.)

PTN

Some of my pics.

From the left yours truely, Paulthenurse; Melana; Kaiser; Beergears; JustMrWill;Bobby, Gino and Billy (Non HBT-ers) and BigJohn towering above all in the back. (No, he's not standing on a chair.) Not only is my pepperoni tasty but it's functional! (Read into that anything you like!)

DSCF2983.jpg

Kai stirs his wort as Beergears sips and Will chats with Melana.

DSCF2984.jpg

Bring on da food!

DSCF2982.jpg

Latest posts

Back