2012 Simcoe In Stock!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, the freakin' hop scarcity is my least favorite part of homebrewing. I'm trying to pay for my simcoe right now (I guess Amarillo is out already again? UGH!) and I keep getting a screen saying there's an error, then there's no error listed (except maybe red print that says Paypal is not required, but that was there to start with). I try again and get an error again. Is this what everyone was talking about?

Sorry, I don't have time to reread the thread, I'm trying to buy hops lest I get shut out of them yet again this year.

PS, thanks Steelers/Farmhouse for the opportunity to buy these! No complaints from me, but just frustration. I really need these hops.

Ugh, the freakin' hop scarcity is my least favorite part of homebrewing. I'm trying to pay for my simcoe right now (I guess Amarillo is out already again? UGH!) and I keep getting a screen saying there's an error, then there's no error listed (except maybe red print that says Paypal is not required, but that was there to start with). I try again and get an error again. Is this what everyone was talking about?

PS, thanks Steelers/Farmhouse for the opportunity to buy these! No complaints from me, but just frustration. I really need these hops.

Check your email, if you got that far you likely have a pending payment order from them that you can go back in and pay.. here's what mind looked like.

Dear XXXXX,

This is to confirm that you recently saved the following order in our store :

Order Number : CHO_-XXXXX
Order Total : $141.92
Payment Type : PayPal IPN

As soon as payment has been received and verified, your Order Status will be updated to 'Paid'. You can track your Order Status by logging on to your 'Account'.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact us via email at [email protected].

I hear ya about hop shortages.. last year I didn't plan ahead and ended up being unable to brew the beers I wanted to later in the year simply because I ran out of the hops and wasn't willing to pay 4oz for them. This year I've been trying to order my entire years worth as the 2012 crop comes available. Harder on the pocket book, easier on the anxiety level ;)

If you missed this one and Simcoe is your goal I wouldn't fret, I think John said he'll have more. Even if he's totally out of the year, watch the classifieds as I see people selling their excess 2011.

Got my Centennial, any idea when Warrior or Magnum might show up? I think that's all I need to complete my Hop spending spree.

Harder on the pocket book, easier on the anxiety level ;)

It's actually a lot cheaper by the ounce, just a bigger hit all at ounce. But I do like to know that I'll have the hops I like when I want to brew 10-11 months from now. Then it all begins again.

It's actually a lot cheaper by the ounce, just a bigger hit all at ounce. But I do like to know that I'll have the hops I like when I want to brew 10-11 months from now. Then it all begins again.

If you're brewing on a regular basis, buying the hops and grain in bulk is the only way to go. I do 10G all grain batches and my 12 oz glass cost is about .25 to .50 cents per glass depending on style. As much as I love my LHBS, I can't afford to buy my ingredients one batch at a time.

BTW, the 4 oz packs at FarmHouseBrewingSupply.com are great also. I don't like buying 1 oz at a time and sometimes a pound of some varieties is just way too much. Kudos to them for doing the 4 oz size (at reasonable prices).

Check your email, if you got that far you likely have a pending payment order from them that you can go back in and pay.. here's what mind looked like.

I hear ya about hop shortages.. last year I didn't plan ahead and ended up being unable to brew the beers I wanted to later in the year simply because I ran out of the hops and wasn't willing to pay 4oz for them. This year I've been trying to order my entire years worth as the 2012 crop comes available. Harder on the pocket book, easier on the anxiety level ;)

If you missed this one and Simcoe is your goal I wouldn't fret, I think John said he'll have more. Even if he's totally out of the year, watch the classifieds as I see people selling their excess 2011.

Super cool of you to respond with this, thank you. It turns out it was an autofill error. It entered California in the box that said "State or Province not listed? Enter here"

Basically user error. I'm stoopid. I wish I could even blame it on being drunk, but alas, haven't started drinking yet either!

Trust me I know.. I buy all my hops by the lb now and most of them from FHB. It's just a larger hit up front, but when I can jump on hops like Amarillo for $1.37 an oz vs my LHBS going to want $3+ an oz if they even have them it's worth it.

Here's a snippet from my spreadsheet, and before you call horder, this is historical stock as well so I can track pricing.. I don't have as much hops left as this might make it seem ;) :drunk:

Code:
Source	Type	AA%	Cost Per Oz	Crop Year
Farmhouse Brew	Amarillo	9.20%	$1.58 	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Amarillo	8.50%	$1.37 	2012
Farmhouse Brew	Cascade	5%	$0.90	2011
BMW	Cascade	6.80%	$2.15	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Centennial	10.50%	$1.25	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Centennial	10.50%	$0.90 	2011
Beverage People	Chinook	11.10%	$2.00 	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Citra	11.40%	$1.99	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Citra	13.60%	$1.19 	2011
Hops Direct	Columbus	15.80%	$0.27 	2011
Beverage People	Magnum	14.10%	$2.00	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Nelson Sauvin	11.80%	$1.38 	2012
Hops Direct	Nugget	13.20%	$0.42 	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Simcoe	12.90%	$1.70	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Simcoe	12.20%	$1.95	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Simcoe	12.90%	$1.56 	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Simcoe	13.50%	$1.19 	2012
Farmhouse Brew	Sorachi Ace	12.60%	$1.56 	2011
Hops Direct	US Golding	4.00%	$0.38 	2011
Farmhouse Brew	Warrior	13.70%	$0.95	2011
Hops Direct	Willamette	5.60%	$0.29 	2011

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sure you're heard it a lot over the years, but your customer service, on this forum especially, is outstanding.

I'm going through Janesville on Mon and was so pumped to get an opportunity to check out the store in person......then realized they aren't open on Mondays. Bummed

I was lucky enough to snag a pound each of Simcoe and Amarillo...bummed I missed out on the Citra!!

Koch, just stop by we'll be here filling the obscene number of orders we received yesterday.

That being said, it going to take a few days to work through all of these orders so please be patient.

There are more Citra and Simcoe on they way, we hope to have something up next week but I am not promising anything with the holiday.

Thanks for the orders yesterday.

After a great experience yesterday. You guys are now my go to hop shop. Not to mention all the other great stuff you have.

Thanks

Grabbed the Centennial I needed and decided to get a 4oz Galaxy... excited to try it out. Thanks! I want to try Riwaka as well. Any chance we'll see more of it?

Can you hold some in the store for me on the next go around, or do I have to fight the world over the internet? My wife works pretty close to you guys.

Thanks

Ordered some hops during the madness and they showed up on my door step today.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Ordered some hops during the madness and they showed up on my door step today.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

I ordered the same day and tracking says they'll be here on Monday the 27th! :mad: I have a brew day scheduled for the 26th doing two 10 gallon batches, so now I have to buy them locally! :mad:

I ordered the same day and tracking says they'll be here on Monday the 27th! :mad: I have a brew day scheduled for the 26th doing two 10 gallon batches, so now I have to buy them locally! :mad:

Ohio to New York is a lot faster than Ohio to Cali
**** im in NY and scheduled for delivery on the 26th
Also this \/

Be happy you got some. Many didn't. :mug:

EDIT: Apparently UPS expedites delivery times. Scheduled for the 21st now.

Will someone be putting out Falconer's Flight this year? If so, when?

I should add that I don't consider the the 7-Cs and Zythos blends to be useful; I don't like them as much as I enjoy the regular Falconer's Flight.

I don't think we're taking away any of their business. Given the shortage, I'd say let's all help each other out.

We have Falconer's, 7c;s and Zythos on our site. And we just put up some #'s of Simcoe and Cotra for for sale today.

PJM, do you work in the power industry?

Latest posts

Back