Holiday 5 cu feet red keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Changeduser123

Reaction score
Here are the pictures of my Holiday 5 cu feet keezer that I just finished (Model #: LCM050LC).

I used 1x8 pine for the collar, got rid of the original lid and made one with 3 pieces of wood + hinges. I did not have to cut anything (home depot guys did it for me). My wood crafting is not really good, but the insulation I added made a good job at keeping this thing air tight.

I did not know what to choose between having hinges for the lid or for the full collar, so I did both. Since I was at it, the front panel is also on hinges and can be opened. The door is a bit heavy for the hinges with the shanks and the drip tray, but it holds fine. I won't need to open it that often anyway.

To paint the freezer, I used rustoleum "painter's touch" paint, in colonial red. For the collar, I used wood finish that I used for the outside table. It's a teak finish. I must say that I am very happy with the final look of it.

For the inside, everything comes from kegconnection and has been working great. No leaks, no mess. I just regret that I did not ask to have smaller shanks. The only thing I did not get from them is the drip tray - it comes from kegcowboy.

I am able to fit 3 ball lock cornies plus the CO2 tank inside. If I need 4, it is possible, but I will have to take the CO2 out.

I still need to add 3 pieces of pine at the bottom to cover the home made dolly, and paint them with the same finish I used for the top.

I can now enjoy fresh tap beer in the comfort of my home :mug:

P1010656.jpg

P1010659.jpg

P1010654.jpg

I would love to get the 5 holiday instead of the 7, but I'm dead set on 4 kegs. How hard would it be to run the gas line from the outside in?

I built a keezer from a 7.5 CF chest freezer. I built a standard fixed collar (2X6) and hinged the lid on that.

Your design fixes problems I have with loading kegs past all the hoses...Good choice! I wish I had thought of it 2 years ago.

I may have to think of a redesign to route the beer and CO2 lines nicely without starting from scratch to hinge the collar front door.

Nice work man. Quick question for you - it looks like you are able to fit those three kegs (and CO2) in there and shut the lid on the freezer even without the collar....is that the case?

I can fit 4 kegs and CO2 inside and shut the lid. The collar is required.

You might find that for any chest freezer as they need to be short enough to bend over and get stuff out for the average person.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still wondering though whether this particular model freezer (thanks for posting model number btw) can hold three kegs withOUT the collar.

My first build will be with a collar, but it'll only be temporary until I do the surrounding cabinet build...a la this build

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-keezer-build-176752/index3.html

So my end goal is to use the same freezer for both builds and the latter version will have NO collar on it...rather it'll incorporate the coffin on top through a modified freezer lid. So the three kegs need to fit.

That make sense?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I'm assuming I won't be able to find a ~5cft chest freezer that can fit three without the collar, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Back