10 Gallon Rubbermaids. WHERE?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmetal

Reaction score
Where can I find these things? it seems I can find them nowhere but for 60 bucks on ebay.

I've tried craigslist even as far as 200 miles away.

anyone selling a 10 gallon (or 7 gallon) mlt from a round cooler?

Are you looking for just the cooler or one that has already been converted into a MLT? The coolers are available at some Home Depots (of the three in my "area" only one carries the 10 gal coolers). There are also some places online that sell them. I got mine shipped to my door for ~$42. However, I don't recall where it was from. I found the website on HBT, though.

I'll check out HD today. let me know if y'all find anywhere cheap online. it can be used or already made into an MLT though I'd like to make it myself (for the experience)

el,

HD is probably going to be your cheapest option. Ask if they can order it at the contractor desk. I think the ones my coworkers bought there were $38 or something.

If you decide to buy online, try searching google shopping for "Gott Cooler" (if you sort by price you'll have to go several pages in to find the cheapest one, I don't know if the link will work, but here)they're made by rubbermade but they're a little less expensive and they have a dispenser opening that will accept a 1/2" nipple without modification.

I would guess it's due to availability. I haven't seen the Gott cooler in any stores, but a number of stores will carry the 10 gallon igloo seasonally.

I just bought a second 10gal rubbermaid last week. Of the 3 HDs around me only one had them in stock. At the other two the managers said that they did have some but were sold out for the summer. (They had a crap of 5 gal. though left....). Call around to your HDs before you waist the time driving. Hopefully you'll get lucky.

I just bought a second 10gal rubbermaid last week. Of the 3 HDs around me only one had them in stock. At the other two the managers said that they did have some but were sold out for the summer. (They had a crap of 5 gal. though left....). Call around to your HDs before you waist the time driving. Hopefully you'll get lucky.

....if the people at HD even KNOW what you're talking about. When I went to our local HD to get mine, I thought asking for "Your big round 10 gallon Rubbermaid coolers-" was explicit enough. No, no, they assured me they didn't have anything like that. They said there were some small "picnic coolers" in a spot they were suitably vague about. I went on safari (which is inevitable in any of these stores nowadays), and after 5-10 minutes of walking the aisles, I found them. Nice quantity of both the 5 and 10 gallon models, big & orange.....hard to miss. Ran $41 including tax. When I carried it back up to the Information desk and said something to the effect "Well, here it is; you have them," the response was "Oh, you meant a WATER cooler!"

Res ipse loquitur.

You can also check with Whitecap Supply or Grainger. These are contractor supply companies that have stores in several cities. My local Whitecap has the 10-gallon Igloos for about $50. They usually keep a good supply on hand.

I too could not find them locally anywhere in the 10G version. I then found one for $20 at a TSC and couldn't pass it up. Holds temps great. Not the traditional one, but it's 10G and holds temps. I can't find a pic online anywhere but hope to be posting pics within the next week or so when I get my EHLT built with it.

Another place I have seen them is at GFS (Gordon Food Service) www.gfs.com. The other thing to remember is that you can make MLTs from other shapes of coolers as well (I use a 54-qt Coleman rectangular cooler that I picked up for $20)

I'm sure you know this already, but just in case ... if you're going to be batch sparging, you don't really need the round cooler. Pretty much any square or rectangular cooler that holds heat should do fine for you. If you're going to fly sparge, that's a different story, but if not, rectangular coolers are much easier to find, cheaper, and just as easy to modify.

Back