Smirnoff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkthunder212

Reaction score
Im a beginning brewer, looking for a new hobbie. My taste of choice has been Smirnoff Ice Triple Black, for some time now. And Im wondering if i could make a replicate of it, but maybe better tasteing and a little stronger. If anyone out there has any ideas or methods they can throw my way, i would appreciate it.

Pardon me for asking, but isn't that one of those sugary clear malt drinks?

Oahu said:
Pardon me for asking, but isn't that one of those sugary clear malt drinks?

Yeah that is what it is. I am really not sure how those work, but isn't liquor added, like smirnoff vodka is added, but no alcohol is formed by fermentation. I bet you could simulate it by making a soda of sorts and adding vodka. That is just a thought though, I honestly have no idea. Just my guess. Good luck and let us know how it goes. And hey, if you can't figure it out, you can always fall back on some good ole fashioned ales and lagers, mmmm beer.

I looked for a while and couldn't find it, but there is a homebrew shop that sells a smirnoff kit. I will look some more when I get a chance. I know I marked it because my wife likes them and wanted me to try and make one. MPW

patrck17 said:
Yeah that is what it is. I am really not sure how those work, but isn't liquor added, like smirnoff vodka is added, but no alcohol is formed by fermentation. I bet you could simulate it by making a soda of sorts and adding vodka. That is just a thought though, I honestly have no idea. Just my guess. Good luck and let us know how it goes. And hey, if you can't figure it out, you can always fall back on some good ole fashioned ales and lagers, mmmm beer.

No, none of those types of drinks have liquor in them. If you read the label, you'll see that they're flavored "malt liquor" products.

How to brew one, I haven't a clue!

Sam75 said:
No, none of those types of drinks have liquor in them. If you read the label, you'll see that they're flavored "malt liquor" products.

How to brew one, I haven't a clue!

Yeah, no idea how they would be made.

Back