Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was an experience... thats all I can say... lol. Let me put it this way, I have a friend who is an adventurous eater like me. One night at a restaurant we shared plates of goat brains, testicles, heart etc.

He looked at the okra mead and said "James, that looks disgusting"

lol. Did the mead thicken like Gumbo? What made it look disgusting instead of goat balls? :D Okra doesnt even sound good with mead. I'm thinking what else I can put in a mead. This weekend i'm doing a tart cherry mead. It should be good :mug:

lol. Did the mead thicken like Gumbo? What made it look disgusting instead of goat balls? :D Okra doesnt even sound good with mead. I'm thinking what else I can put in a mead. This weekend i'm doing a tart cherry mead. It should be good :mug:

If you check out the okra debacle thread you can see the whole video of me tasting on page 9. It was like egg-white. The bottle appears to have some manner of science specimen in it. At just about the same time I put together a persimmon mead in the same size bottle that should be available to taste right about now... Im sure that that will be less dastardly.

The left one is a grapefruit. The left is a version of jaom's mead . With pink grapefruit instead of oranges

My cherry melomel from local honey and cherries. Accompanied by watermelon merlot, blueberry, and a Chilean cabernet sauvignon.
ForumRunner_20130205_202844.jpg

lewisaurus said:
Haven't been around for a while, and this is my first time in the Mead forum.

I was inspired to start brewing mead after a recent homebrew club meeting. I can see this becoming my new obsession.

My first batch's, both are traditional, with 3lbs local honey and Lalvin D-47.
As soon as these go into the secondary I'll start two more and experiment some.... If I can wait that long.

Absolute hardest thing about making mead is the start up. You want to drink it, but you know if you can hold off for a few (dozen) months your product will be better.

But the temptation of that liquid gold...

SireFelps said:
Some of my production.

Bottled a week ago. Some more coming soon!!!

Best Regards!

That is some really professional bottling. You pay some one to do that?

Wanted to do something special with my Wolf's Moon Mead so...couple hours free and help from fellow brewers and Wassail! Dire Wolf Mead!

No! I don´t pay. I made the labels and send it to print in A3 matte vinil paper. I cut with a blade... it takes a huge time, but in the end is nice :) Nice you liked!

knotquiteawake said:
Coffee Vanilla Pyment? What is this? I love coffee and love vanilla...

Is this a sweet wine/desert wine I would love to know the recipient you used to make this it sounds very interesting

Wow all these pics look wonderful.. Haven't began brewing mead yet, but been wanting to for a couple of months. This thread has definitely helped boost my motivation!

No! I don´t pay. I made the labels and send it to print in A3 matte vinil paper. I cut with a blade... it takes a huge time, but in the end is nice :) Nice you liked!

All that work was really worth it. Those are some really great looking bottles. Good job.

Just finished bottling a lemonade mead. Going to let that sit for awhile.

A buddy of mine made up a label for me too! :ban:

13 - 2.jpg

rowsdower lemonade mead.gif

SkqEarn.jpg

I need a better camera, my blueberry melomel is crystal clear. I could read a newspaper through the brown 5 liter jug I bulk age it in...

tC4cuhW.jpg

Second picture is a tiiiny bit better, I suppose.

Also, I'm thinking of making a blueberry and elderflower mead... that'd be awesome.

I here ya. I am out of mead at the moment. Can't wait for my ginger mead and braggot to be done.

Arpolis said:
I here ya. I am out of mead at the moment. Can't wait for my ginger mead and braggot to be done.

I'm with you. I have seven gallons sitting in carboys clearing naturally. And nothing in a bottle for drinking. I need to make sure I have a well planned pipeline from now on.

I saw somebody else do this so I thought I would give it a try. Simply fermented an AAOM inside a pumpkin. It added a little color but not much pumpkin flavor. I bottled it in ice wine bottles and two twisted neck bottles I found on ebay. My daughter did the label art for me.
Turned out great and was lots of fun to do!

pumpkin AAOM.jpg

Pumpkin AAOM 2.jpg

Autumn leaf.jpg

A from-scratch bumbleberry mead that just got bottled yesterday. Samples were, um... well let's just say it's a miracle there's any left.

100_0566.jpg

These pictures make me so impatient for my mead to be finished and bottled! The only thing I have that is done fermentation and clear is JOAM...

What Do the Meads taste like most of the time thanks for your time :rockin:

I would love to see a photo of all the different meads out there.

Show the photo and a quick description of what it is.

Cant wait to see all the photos!!!!!!!!!

Yomamma's Strawberry Pizzaz

Here are pictures of the strawberry melomel after cold crashing and clearing up. I finished with ~3.5 gal @13.8% abv. Tastes great!! OG 1.130 FG 1.025. Sorry, the lighting isn't that great in the bedroom.

DSC08032.jpg

DSC08033.jpg

those 'mels look clean as a whistle. Impressive.

I have to confess the use of pectic enzymes for the clearing up of this melomel. This was my first melomel and I wanted to try different techniques to learn more. I followed Yomamma's vigorous fermentation plan, and fermentation completed in just 4.5 days. I doubled the yeast and the nutrients while following hightests SNA guide. I was probably PTC and aerating about 5 times a day. I have to say that this was a huge success IMO. But the fruit took up a lot of space, so a 5 gal batch yielded me only ~3.5 gal. I also used glass marbles to take up room in my carboy so that I wouldn't have to top off with water (the guys at my LHBS taught me that).

TwoJays said:
A from-scratch bumbleberry mead that just got bottled yesterday. Samples were, um... well let's just say it's a miracle there's any left.

Wait... Bumbleberry? Please enlighten me. :D It sounds delicious!

Maybe this will save you some time, labor and money. I get my labels from WorldLabel.com (http://www.worldlabel.com/Pages/wl-ol5100.htm). All their labels match Avery formats and come in a variety of materials including vinyl. I create my graphics in MS Word's label feature and print on my HP 1500 Color Laserjet.

2009 Elderberry Port.jpg

Wait... Bumbleberry? Please enlighten me. :D It sounds delicious!

Honey was wildflower, and then we made a puree using raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and cherries (it was a little bit flying by the seat of the pants, so unfortunately I don't have specific data to share) and put it directly the primary. Fermentation was explosive for a short period, but not complete, and was super slow, but steady for about two months until it was where we wanted it. Racked it off the fruit goo and yeast and let it sit for another couple of months and then done!

Like many of the mels you might get at the store, it is a little sweeter than some traditional meads, but it's not overpoweringly sweet like many I've tried.

Next time around I may try something just to see if I can dry it out ever so slightly more, but it's perfectly enjoyable as it sits.

The vanilla bean in the bottle is just an attempt to do something with the bean from the fermentor. By the way this vanilla bitter orange mead was amazing and no it has not been filtered. Just cold crashed, racked, cold crashed again then bottled. This simple process has been very successful for me, most of the time.

ForumRunner_20130216_081935.png

Back