Transferring from Keggle to Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsunamiBeer

Reaction score
I finally got a keggle to brew in so that I can brew outdoors. I picked it up used and it does not have any fittings, just the top cut out. I am trying to figure out my new process and am wondering how to move the wort from keggle to fermenter. I was considering using my auto siphon after chilling with my immersion chiller. Any other ideas until I can get the rest of the hardware welded in?:confused:

I used an auto siphon to transfer as well for about five brews. It worked fine but was just not as convenient as having a port at the bottom. As long as you chill to pitching temps prior to this step it should just be like transferring at any other stage. I think that's your best option until you get your fittings and what not.

Bargainfittings.com weldless fittings are awesome! I am not handy at all but had no problems building my keggle.

Also, to answer your question, an autosiphon works well. I used one when using a friends' keggle since he didnt have a dip tube and I didnt want to waste beer.

Back