Good price for Perlicks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifraf

Reaction score
I've been searching around and looking for sales etc but prices seem to vary and I'm honestly not sure what would be a "good price" for perlick faucet + shank. Don't necessarily need stainless, chrome is fine. What have you guys gotten them for?

Well that's the best I've seen, thanks! Do you need Perlick shank as well or will off brands work just as well?

Off brands are fine. I bought the chrome shanks/tailpiece combo form them too. It seemed to be the easiest way to go.

I think that they knock $10 off of the shipping if you buy $100 worth of stuff. My shipping was about $6

I would be wary of $18 Perlicks, there are knock offs out there that do not work as well, and $18 is insanely cheap.

Look for faucet combo kits. Typically they're the same price as all the parts combined, so it's mainly a convenience factor. Includes shank, tap handle, faucet, mounting nut, etc. Everything needed to hook up a beer line and go. a good SS Perlick (525SS) faucet combo typically goes for about $45 each.

$18 does seem a bit sketch. The faucet itself usually goes for around $30-$35. I'd be wary of $18 "Perlicks"

Yeah I looked at some other companies and the chrome faucets are usually 21ish. 18 doesn't seem so far out of the realm of possibility.

To be honest, you'll regret getting the chrome faucets. You'd be much better off skimping on the shank and keeping SS faucets. You will eventually have to replace them because they'll degrade. Moisture + rust-able metals = bad combination.

That said, if you absolutely must, i guess you could go ahead, but it's not the most recommended solution out there. You're really only saving about $10 per faucet, which I don't see as worth it, unless you're getting a whole bunch of taps, but then you'd REALLY want to get SS.

Good grief, guys. How long do you thing a company could stay in business selling knock offs and calling them Perlicks? The faucets I linked are chrome plated brass (brass doesn't rust, btw) PERLICK forward sealing faucets. And yes they were 18.40 each. The shipping was about 6 bucks or so for my whole order and it showed up in about a week.

I've said it before. I can't imagine that in typical household use, chrome faucets will fail. SS is almost double the cost. I was willing to gamble that they'll last, probably longer that I do.

I'll let you all know when they fail.:drunk:

I got 525SS kit from amazon shipped to my door for $45.. Side note I've never had problems buying from Ritebrew, lots of good deals there.

I got some 525ss on sale at AHS on sale awhile back for $22.99 each so there are deals. You just have to keep an eye out. You will be better off with stainless.

homebrewstuff has the 525PC (chrome) for $26.99 and the 525SS for $36.99.

I looked for a quite a while before I bought mine. I checked prices and shipping from every HB supply store I could find on line. I'm not saying the $25 SS Perlicks aren't out there, but I sure didn't see them when I was looking.

Wow. What a great work around on the faucets. $50 for two is a great price. If I would have know about that, I would have ordered two coversion kits and deselected everything but the faucets and had 4 SS faucets for 100 bucks vice 4 chrome plated for $75. I could justify and extra $7 per but not an extra $18.

That's exactly what I did. I've had chrome faucets and shanks and the finish erodes away over time, my guess is there's only one place it could be going... into my beer! That can't be to healthy, so I feel the stainless is well wort the extra money.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not quite getting what your point was there. That's a product manual and cleaning guide for a Perlick faucet.

What about it?

I'm sorry I thought the 500 spec. page didn't need explaination.

When thinking about any (name brand) product it can be helpful to bump around the product manufactures pages to see what type of support the maker has for its wares. And seek info to help understand potential issues of warranty in the life of a product.

In this thread keeping faucets clean seems to an issue (plated vs stainless) and the product life... I considered if we are thinking about Perlic products in general a visit to products specs. and videos night help some consider additional cost, maint. issues and potential warranty issues. I figure we all don't think the same way, Right?

That's all, that's why I put it in friend. I too am planning on a home draft system and I have a lot of questions.

Does anyone else know who the perlic competition is? Who are the major manufactures of faucets? Who is making the best faucet? Where can we find the best use for our brewer dollars?

Sorry if this strays from the thread.
Cheers,

RocketBrewer, thanks for the heads up. I was looking for faucets to complete my build and that worked perfect. I did end up buying other parts as all their stuff is at 10% off right now and does seem cheaper than all other places. Even with California tax its cheaper.

Does anyone else know who the perlic competition is? Who are the major manufactures of faucets? Who is making the best faucet? Where can we find the best use for our brewer dollars?

Sorry if this strays from the thread.

Cheers,

I couldn't find another maker of forward sealing faucets. There used to be a company that made them, but I think they went out of business. Maybe there is something overseas, but if there was you would think that they would be available in the U.S?

I couldn't find another maker of forward sealing faucets. There used to be a company that made them, but I think they went out of business. Maybe there is something overseas, but if there was you would think that they would be available in the U.S?

"Ventmatic", I would think. I've read that the inventor also designed the Perlick 425 faucet, but that at some point there was a falling out, and Perlick had to drop the 425 and come up with the 525.

Shirron apparently also had some kind of business relationship with the Ventmatic design, but those also have disappeared...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back