Bottled Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cge0

Reaction score
My first brew. The beer had little clarity, but it smelt like beer. After sampling a little, I feel a bit of a stomach ache (which could've been attributed to other things, though I rarely get stomach aches). It tasted like beer.
Possible contamination?
The yeast at the bottom of my fermentor was yellow, whereas others was brown.
I'd love to see some pics of contam'd beer brews and all that jazz. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Uh, if it tasted okay, then you're okay. Stomach ache? Who knows. Could be the active yeast going to town in your belly with some sugars. Infections typically produce sour and/or band-aidy beer. The two infections I've had resulted in gushing bottles and sour-dry beer...so if it's not sour, then you're okay. There are no known pathogens that can survive in beer, so your stomach ache is certainly not from some kind of infection. RDWHAHB...you just made beer. Congratulations!!

you probably just got gassy from drinking suspended active yeast. you will adapt to it and won't get gassy.

plus, using a secondary gets more yeast out of suspension for a clearer, cleaner tasting beer.

Back