Most awesome bday present from my great wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seabeemech1970

Reaction score
Well for my birthday my wife bought me a 6 cubic foot kegerator. Besides the fact that now i have to come up with some really good anniversary and birthday presents for when the time comes. Im wondering if i can use the kegerator as a fermenting cabinet and lagering cabinet for an upcoming altbier. Anyone got any ideas or opinions? suggestions?

Sure, why not? As long as your carboy will fit.

I use a dorm fridge for fermentation. I had to make some minor changes in order to get my 6.5 gal carboy to fit, but it works great!

Sure, why not? As long as your carboy will fit.

I use a dorm fridge for fermentation. I had to make some minor changes in order to get my 6.5 gal carboy to fit, but it works great!

what changes did you have to make to get the 6.5 carboy to fit?

I had 2 options. I could either bend the freezer element and get it flat against the wall, or take out the plastic-molded shelving in the door. So I took out the molding in the door and replaced it with some thin, flat wood. I had to replace it with something because the plastic is what keeps the rubber seal in place.

Oh hey, I have a pic on the interwebs!
2679423050_047884c7b2_z.jpg

Back