Kegerator Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indytruks138

Reaction score
I have a Foster Upright Fridge Cabinet, the stainless steel commercial fridge you see in restaurants. It was already converted to a kegerator in the past, the door is drilled for two taps. It turns on and works, but there is a freon leak so it doesn't get cold and won't hold freon long.

Here is the dilemna, I talked to a fridge repairman who said it would be between $150-$250 to repair it, and he couldn't guarantee the work because there could be multiple leaks.......

For $250 I could easily build a keezer and have left over money, but it just wouldn't look as cool or be as unique.

I don't know what I should do.

Anyone have any advice or repairmen they know in the DFW area who might be able to do it for less?

I personally, would just buy a new mini-fridge. You can get one for $150 that will do what you're looking for and is gaurenteed to work.

If you just wanna run a corny keg or two I would buy a mini fridge as well look at the Frigidaire 4.4 cu ft they sell em everywhere for under $200 and fits 2 cornys and a 5lb co2 tank perfect or 1 corny 1 sixtel and a 5lb co2 tank. I did this last weekend and for under $600 I bought everything including 2 new corny kegs and having to buy a new co2 tank as I am brand new to kegging. just my $.02

Back