CO2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle6286

Reaction score
I just picked up a couple corny kegs and my regulator is on its way to my house, so my kegerator setup is almost complete, but I've been looking for co2 tanks and was wondering if anyplace in particular has good deals. I picked up two used corny kegs from a beverage company near my house for $20 each! They referred me to a place that supplies the CO2 tanks but they are selling them for $110. Is there anywhere I can go to find a 5# tank for a little cheaper? Any help is appreciated.

Check out craigslist or your classfieds. Another thought might be to identify the places that fill tanks and call to see if they have either a tank exchange program or are willing to sell you a tank. A last resort is to buy one online and have it shipped to you. You might even find an HBTer with a soft heart who will sell you one cheap and ship it.

I'm planning on upgrading to a 20# so will be selling my 5# shortly but shipping might be costly. Id sell it for 30.00 plus shipping. Its a really new aluminum tank certified in 2010 or 2011, I'd have to look. I bought it new at Kegconnections then exchanged it at MoreBeer for what looked like an equally new tank.

Look at a 20# before getting a 5# the cost to fill, in my area is about or is the same. On the other side of the coin if you are not keeping the CO2 outside of the kreezer they take more space.

Thanks for the help. I tried looking on Craigslist to no avail. The only thing that comes up are paintball guns CO2 tanks.

@brewit2it, if you decide to sell your tank in the near future, let me know. If I haven't purchased one yet, I'll be interested. Thanks

Craigslist never has C02 tanks. I've been monitoring it for the last 3 months and there have been zero listings.

Back