Kafe Belgie in Utrecht

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvlpdillon

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be in Holland last week, Utrecht to be exact. Utrecht is about 30 minutes south of Amsterdam by train. I made the pilgrimage to Kafe Belgie. 20 beers on tap, 200 more in bottles.

Was pleased to try some things I do not believe are available in the US. Leffe Bruin, Urthel Hop-It, Hoegaarden Grand Cru, Schneider Weiss Hefe, Kamikaze: their house brew.

While there were selections from all over most of the selections were from Belgium, as the name would suggest. Only 3 were from the US; Anchor Porter, Anchor Steam, and BUD. I was especially pleased to see that a Duvel was 3.30 Euro, and Budweiser was 4.00 Euro.

Utrecht is a lovely city - one of Holland's nicest cities I think and lots of students which gives it a nice relaxed feel.

If you ever get back to Utrecht it's worth looking out for beer from "De Leckere" - a small brewery based just outside Utrecht.

Back