Super glue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep - the naptha that kept the carbon layer 'moist' to print that purple on all our worksheets. - WELL before the copier.
guess I'm getting old too!

I remember those "SPIRIT DUPLICATORS" quite well! When I began my professional career, that's all we had...no photocopiers or mimeographs! Just SPIRIT DUPLICATORS...and yes, indeed, the "spirit" smelled intoxicating! It was, after all, one of the "...anols," that is either METHanol or ETHanol...I can't remember which one it was. And I KNOW I'm getting old!

glenn514:mug:

I used to love the smell of my report cards! (The appearance, not so much...)

Also the smell of old books, and pencil shavings and whatever it was the cleaned the elementary schools with.

I also love to walk the soap isle and smell all of the different soaps.

And Hopslam.

Burned race fuel cut with Castor 927 premix for a 2-stroke mx bike

love the smell of a 2-stroke MX bike! So different than the 2-stroke of a weed-eater.

and printing ink.

and agreeing with Homercidal's reference to Hopslam, Pacific Northwest hops. I could stuff my nose full of them and be happy for the day!

yep - the naptha that kept the carbon layer 'moist' to print that purple on all our worksheets. - WELL before the copier.
guess I'm getting old too!

Ditto sheets, we called them.

Diesel exhaust.

Yep. I just do.

Herbal Essences shampoo. While I am happily married, I reserve the right to enjoy the memory of college girls.

White Rain.

Fresh cut lumber. I love walking into a wood shop.

Yep. All sorts of wood smells, really.

Fresh cut grass, like a warm sunny morning on a golf course...I can't wait for spring.

But not Bermuda.

And sure not super glue.

Good fresh dug dirt.

Model airplanes smell similar to the MX exhaust. They also use castor oil.

I'm a big fan of that smell when you go through a big mud hole and muddy water splashes on the exhaust and you get that big puff of muddy water smoke. Yeah.

Also, the old Mister Twister curly tail worm fishing lures with the banana scent.

A friend of mine posted a while back that if Glade, or Scentsy, or any of those candle/air freshner companies came out with a "Man Pack" of

1) Fresh cut grass
2) Wood Shop
3) Campfire

The guys lined up to buy them would send the production line into overdrive for a month. And I happen to agree.

(Edit to add: Not trying to be stereotypical/whatever with the "Man Pack", that's just how he termed it at the time)

I can't believe this one hasn't been listed yet

Hoppes #9

I think it smells like bananas, or banana flavored candy.

Did you know they actually make (made?) a Hoppes #9 air freshner? I've got a half dozen or so at home...

You mean dirty gun cleaning rags? I like to make my own.

Diesel exhaust. Reminds me of hanging out at the fire station.

It pisses me off. It just reminds me of the rednecks I live around that blow black smoke everywhere.

My malt closet. I open it and inhale deeply every morning an night almost.

Oh, and my gun cleaner/lubricant. I'd use it as Febreeze if I could.

A friend of mine posted a while back that if Glade, or Scentsy, or any of those candle/air freshner companies came out with a "Man Pack" of

1) Fresh cut grass
2) Wood Shop
3) Campfire

The guys lined up to buy them would send the production line into overdrive for a month. And I happen to agree.

(Edit to add: Not trying to be stereotypical/whatever with the "Man Pack", that's just how he termed it at the time)

Yankee Candle actually made a few "man" candles, can't remember all of them but they had "riding mower" (fresh cut grass) "woodshop" and I think one was "touchdown" (football leather scent)

Brand new, vinyl, shower curtains.

Love that smell. New pool floaties come in a close second but the room note just isn't the same.

The smell of a freshly groomed horse.
The ocean, just after a storm.
Any meat on a grill or smoker!
Bacon anythime!

The smell of a freshly groomed horse.
The ocean, just after a storm.
Any meat on a grill or smoker!
Bacon anythime!

Nerd fact - things smell more when it rains due to the moisture content in the air. Gross fact- this is why farts smell more in the shower

Back