GRABASS Cary Raleigh Apex Chapel Hill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston

Reaction score
Anybody in the mood for a gathering? Lunch? Carolina Brewing Co. tour? Brew? Drink beer and throw rocks at cars?

That sounds pretty good to me, if you don't mind a new guy. Part of the reason I settled on this board rather than one of the others was the large number of Triangle brewers. I'd really like the chance to meet some of y'all. I'm bottling my first beer (Apex Amber) next week, so I might even have samples to taste/critique/laugh at.

Chad

I'm up for it!

I'd like to tour the Carolina Brewery. SWMBO would too.

A brew day could be fun, too. I have a lot of grain that needs to get used.

When was beegee planning his big 'ol brew 'n BBQ thing?

Les and I will certainly make it down for that. I need a couple of weeks advance notice to get out of work, but count us in.

Dude said:
When was beegee planning his big 'ol brew 'n BBQ thing?

Les and I will certainly make it down for that. I need a couple of weeks advance notice to get out of work, but count us in.

I don't know but I want to hire a bluegrass band for that shindig.

brloomis said:
I'm up for it!

I'd like to tour the Carolina Brewery. SWMBO would too.

A brew day could be fun, too. I have a lot of grain that needs to get used.

So, who's available Saturday afternoon at 1 PM? Let's tour the brewery!

Boston said:
So, who's available Saturday afternoon at 1 PM? Let's tour the brewery!

This Saturday? Argh! I'm taking a bread class with one of my favorite baker/writers. The brewery tour sounds like fun.

Chad

Sorry, this Saturday I've promised to redo the ceiling in the master bath.

Next Saturday would be much better.

The brewery tour there is great. It has gotten busy at the tour the past few years. The first time I went was about 4 years ago, and it was pretty empty. Now you have to get a beer, and get back in line to get another while you are drinking it. It is always free, but make sure you get there around 12:30. They will let you drink for about 30 min, then they shut off the taps and give the tour, which takes about 30 min, then they turn the taps back on for about another hour or so. Have fun, it's a great time. :mug:

I'd love to go, but this Saturday is bad for me, I have to give my orals for my grad school program on Tuesday. Next saturday would be perfect though.

I've got a JDRF Fundraising Walk on the morning of the 27th. I'll try to get back in time for the brewery tour. So let's check with all our SWMBOs and then we'll pencil in next Sat. @ 1PM, Carolina Brewery, Holly Springs.
http://www.carolinabrew.com/

That works for me. I'll put it on the calendar. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you folks.

Take care,
Chad

SWMBO is lining up a babysitter, so we're going to try and make it.

How will we recognize each other? :drunk: Maybe I'll bring my HBT decal and wave it in the air...

Yup, this Saturday (10-27) @ 1 PM. I'll be waiting out in front of the building, wearing a Sox cap, of course. PM me for cell phone number.
Jeff

Sox cap. Check.
Dead cap. Check.
Possible Baron sighting. Check.

I'm not much for ball caps, but I'll be the stocky guy in shorts and an untucked button-down.

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to meeting you folks.

Chad

Damn, I've got to work. A full day of junior college indoor sporting events. I'll be there in spirit. I have wanted to head down there myself. It's to bad I can't participate this weekend.

It was great to meet you guys: Chad, Professor Frink, BRLoomis (+ SWMBO)

Check you calendars for the weeks immediately following Thanksgiving, maybe we can get a group brew together.

It was great to meet everyone also, I had a great time. I'm definitely up for a group brew, can anyone do the weekend of December 1st?

I've got a 5K race (Jingle Bell Run For Arthritis) on Saturday morning, December 1. Other than that I'm free. Does Sunday morning work for everybody?

Looks like I'm free. Sounds like a great time. I'm looking forward to it.

Chad

Dec 1 is my kid's first b-day party. but i should be good to go for the 2nd. i should probably (definately) check with jess first though

skeeordye11 said:
Damn, I've got to work. A full day of junior college indoor sporting events. I'll be there in spirit. I have wanted to head down there myself. It's to bad I can't participate this weekend.
Which JC? I'm in IT at CFCC.

skeeordye11 said:
If there's room for one more, I believe I am free on the 2nd?

You are more than welcome to come brew with us. The more the merrier.

skeeordye11 said:
Louisburg College. If you are at Cape Fear then I we play you guys frequently.
Yup, Cape Fear. I golf with the men's soccer coach as well as the men's basketball coaches from time to time. Good bunch!

I'll be at the tour this Saturday (Dec 1st) with a few friends. If anyone is going pm me.

Latest posts

Back