Very Very Little Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5gBrewer

Reaction score
I put 2 of my IPAs in the fridge today to try. They had been bottled for a week, and my beers almost always carb up within a week. I've only had one other batch that took longer.

I had this beer in secondary for two weeks before bottling too. Would this be the reason for the lack of carbonation within a week of bottling? Will this beer ever get carbed?

5gB

dibby33 said:
Might just take a little longer. Are they in a nice warm place?

Yeah, I've got them sitting in a room that keeps a constant 64F - 66F It's the same place all of my beers ferment and bottle condition.

The beer tasted awsome; just wish it had bubbles!

5gB

I've had some take one week and some take three weeks. Give it at least another week before you try anything.

Yup, times will vary. Could well be a little cooler these days than during most of your previous batches. Give it the full three weeks before worrying (it needs time to finish conditioning anyway).

5gBrewer said:
Yeah, I've got them sitting in a room that keeps a constant 64F - 66F It's the same place all of my beers ferment and bottle condition.

The beer tasted awsome; just wish it had bubbles!

5gB
I had the same problem with my English Ale. Mine didn't do jack at 65 degrees for 10 days. I moved them to a 70 degree area of the house. Then, every other evening I'd go up and tip the cases gently on their side a couple of times to slightly agitate and "wake up" the yeast. Within 10 days...they were perfect.

Promise...warm em up...give em a gentle rock and they'll be fine.

PS - Start another batch to take your mind off of them. :)

Back