Brewcast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks J! I need to get a wireless internet set up here, would make things a lot easier. A laptop with a webcam would be a good idea too. ;)

Great brewing day, despite being a little cold outside. Expected 1.056, got 1.055 and got 10 gallons. :rockin:

How did it go?

Went great! :D No major snafus, hit my target gravity and volume. Jason brought over a growler of witbier (very good) and we popped my last bottle of an Imperial Stout I brewed 5 years ago. Was surprisingly good, no off-flavors. :mug:

I was there, too! Until we started getting big into my own little project.

I ended up finishing the kegerator (well, then ordering another faucet and drip tray, because I have room for another keg simply by ripping apart the fridge door) and then decided to work on a sparge arm. Two trips to the hardware store (it closed a few hours ago, or I would have gone once more) and I'm 90% done. I just need to put another T in, so it sits evenly, and maybe a WYE fitting at the top, so equal amounts of water flow to both sides.

I feel like everytime I get something finished, something else needs to be improved on. Now, I'm dreaming of a 3-tier sculpture, with new burners. I need to stop watching those brewcasts- they make me even more addicted!

I was there here and there. was working in my shop and checking it out every once in awhile. It was fun to watch and I can' wait for the next one!

Go single tier with a pump. After having a 2-tier, it's a lot easier IMHO.

haha- I think that's better, too, but it seems like it would take up more room. I'm still brewing inside in the winter, but once spring comes I'll be doing 10 gallons out on my deck. (Garage is pretty far from the house, and down a number of steps).

I think I need a storage shed by the deck, to store the equipment in. This hobby gets bigger and BIGGER each year. I wonder when Bob will say, "That's enough!"

Back