Splitting Co2 btween Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clayton79

Reaction score
Hi All
Have a question or two.
I DO NOT have a Kegerator :(, I do have a large fridge, it will keep at least 2 corny kegs in it.
What I want to do is split my Co2 line for BOTH Corny kegs. Is this possible and how would I do it.
The Co2 tank is the 5lb size with a duel regulater. I'm using the Party taps to depense the beer.
Any help would be aprreciated (My pale ale in the fridge is lonely and wants the Amber to join him).
(And those of you who are wondering..I live alone, so rarely keep ANYTHING in the fridge except beer). (The FREEZER is full though...Hungryman TV Dinners :)

Thanks!

Clayton 79

-------------------
Kegged: Pale ale, Amber ALe
Secondary: IPA
Fermenters: Notta :(

Just pickup a 2-keg setup like this. If you pick up a "T", two ball check-valves, and extra line, the price will be about the same. Its real simple. I did the same for years before upgrading to a kegerator.

Good luck,
Wild

I'd go straight to a two-port manifold, one that can be expanded. I started with a Y and had to toss it and buy a manifold when I built my kegger.

Isn't the difference between your fridge and a kegerator just a couple of taps mounted to the front??

Or do you not want to drill holes in it?

eBay has a dual regulator or two listed now. Check out the picas. Just remove the inlet from one, and the hi side gauge from another, screw the two together with a 1/4 pipe nipple ( from Home Deopt or auto parts store) . You should end up with two low side gauges, two low side outlets, one one high side gauge to tell you if the tank is empty. Thereby, two regulators with different pressures from one tank!

Janx,
It's not my fridge, I live in an apartment. Otherwise it WOULD have holes drilled in it by now. :)

Clayton

I just did this exact same thing recently. All I did was buy some additional air line and a stainless "T" fitting and an additional "gas in" fitting. Works great and was really cheap.

Back