• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a welder in NW Indiana or South of Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malric

Reaction score
Not sure if there is an appropriate area in the forums, but I'm looking for a welder that can do stainless. South of Chicago or in NW Indiana. I'm willing to pay or trade ball lock cornies for labor.

Hmm! I was looking last year. Not much luck. It's cheaper to just buy weld less fittingings.

I'm in the same area, and the "one guy I know who welds" doesn't seem too interested in my business. When I can afford the equipment to get started, I think I'm just going to learn to do it myself.

The cheapest that I've found is 100 for a plasma hole cut and weld. This seems high. I'll check around with some of the hacker space groups or local brew clubs.

I had a guy on the north side. He did good work. I cut everything myself he just did the welds. I can't remember a price but it was cheap.

Post an Ad on Craigslist under "looking for". I posted an Ad looking for a welder and got a dozen inquires by the next day. I met a guy who plasma cut two kegs and welded in 6 couplings for $100 and some homebrew. Good luck!!

ColeBeer78 said:
I'd be willing to trade labor for corny kegs. We can cut the tops and weld up anything you need. We are based in Oak Lawn.

That's outstanding!

ColeBeer78, can you PM me a number and I'll give you a call?

coolbeer78 sent me some pictures of the welding they provide- and it looks great.

mux said:
coolbeer78 sent me some pictures of the welding they provide- and it looks great.

And we guarantee our welds for the life of the kettle. If they ever leak, give me a ring and we will fix it for free. We can weld steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. All welding is done with a (not cheap) Square Wave TIG welder.

ColeBeer78 did a great job. I've attached pictures for those that are also looking for some work to be completed.

Thanks again!

20120715_232229.jpg

20120716_055026.jpg

20120716_055051.jpg

20120716_055114.jpg

Malric said:
ColeBeer78 did a great job. I've attached pictures for those that are also looking for some work to be completed.

Thanks again!

No problem.... Any time. It's great to help out a fellow homebrewer and we got to have a beer and chat in the process.

Great people and great work. Got to love my south-side brewers! I got a couple tri clover ferrules welded into an old keg tonight by colebeer78 and the work is outstanding. Anyone looking for someone to weld up a stand, keg- or whatever, needs get in touch with him!

image-1987771760.jpg

image-320145556.jpg

image-1198738994.jpg

Love those keg legs, haha! ColeBeer78, I'll be getting in touch with you eventually to do some welding on a kettle. Glad we got someone in the Chicago area we can go to!

Sippin37 said:
Love those keg legs, haha! ColeBeer78, I'll be getting in touch with you eventually to do some welding on a kettle. Glad we got someone in the Chicago area we can go to!

Highly recommended!

Sounds good. Just lets us know when your ready.

Now that we will be having more time available, we can start fabricating rigs for people too.

Cant be happier with the work colebeer78 and his brother do! I got two more kegs loaded up with tri clover fittings tonight. Great job guys! If anyone needs ANY welding done- brewing related or not this is the guy! Ill post pictures tomorrow.

I just got my keggles from ColeBeer78 (Mike) I could not have asked for better work and service.

He helped me with design ideas, cut the tops off and welded fittings.

I suggest Mike for all your welding needs.

In fact Mike next time your in the area I'm buying.

Thanks again.

Ryan

Back