Any UFC Fans Out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried getting tickets for it and apparantely all the "cheap" seats sold out. The seats were only $50 which I thought was decent. Now if you go on craigslist or stubhub they want $150 for the same nose bleed seat. I know the UFC doesn't come to the tri-state area that often (Still illegal in NY) but 3 times the price..Thats crazy..Anyone going?

I tried getting tickets for it and apparantely all the "cheap" seats sold out. The seats were only $50 which I thought was decent. Now if you go on craigslist or stubhub they want $150 for the same nose bleed seat. I know the UFC doesn't come to the tri-state area that often (Still illegal in NY) but 3 times the price..Thats crazy..Anyone going?

Nope. Best seat in the whole damn place is in my own house, drinking my own beer and hanging out with friends. Especially for nose bleed seating...

I pay $44 for ring side seats... and Tivo to rewind those "HOLY $#!7" moments.

:D

I tried getting tickets for the one that was held in Chicago, and it was mostly sold out with the exception of the really expensive tickets. I didn't even bother looking on stubhub.

I went to the Strikeforce one that was outside of Chicago. It was pretty interesting to be at a live event, aside from the $9 beers that is. But I'd have to agree with mmb, the best seats are at home, with the ability to re-wind the action.

If you're going to go see one live, go to Vegas; you'll have a great time and most likely meet a bunch of the fighters. Then afterward you can gamble or drink or go see Penn and Teller.

+1 to the Vegas trip suggestion, and having worked for smaller shows and having killer seats - Id much rather sit at home and enjoy the show with my DVR and multiple camera angles.

Dont get me wrong, live shows are the **** but you usually find yourself looking at the big screen to see what happened when a fight has ended.

A couple years ago I bought some tickets to the UFC event in Columbus, Oh....I got the floor seats for like $400 a ticket, the turned around and ebay'd them for about $600. Watched that one at home :D.

But the next year I ended up getting some decent priced tickets (around 100) and went to that show. Had a hell of a time. Although 10 dollar Bud Lights kinda rubbed me the wrong way lol.....all in all I try to either goto BW3's and catch every event, or get the PPV. Although between my beer budget and UFC PPV budget the SWMBO ain't too pleased, so it looks like the UFC budget is gonna get shrunk here soon. I actually have been getting more into the Japanese fights they broadcast like from HDNET. I mean where else can you see Jose Canseco vs. Hong Man Choi and Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Hunt on the same card? Crazy over there....

BTW - JoeMama you got the fighter pose going on in your avatar. :rockin:

anderson silva is the man. watch out for a guy name feydor emilianenkovich. he should be coming into the UFC soon. he is bad to the bone. Lesnar is a fag. Chuck Lidell is god!

That or Dana pulls his head out of his ass and lets Fedor fight Sambo back home. It's been reported that is the big stumbling block to getting Fedor in the octagon.

It's more due to the fact that Dana won't allow M-1 Global to co-promote shows like Fedor's manager wants, which I can understand not wanting to do that.

BTW - JoeMama you got the fighter pose going on in your avatar. :rockin:

LOL That pic was of me, my buddy Giovanni Lemm, and Ed Herman. Ed did some commentary with us, but I think I pissed him off a bit. Cant remember why though... LOL
He was kind of a ****** anyway (IMO)

I almost bought tickets for the last match that was in Ohio but just couldn't do it. Couldn't bring myself to pay that much for the tickets. We usually end up at Ashley's in Westland for the fight or BDubs.

Dont get me wrong, live shows are the **** but you usually find yourself looking at the big screen to see what happened when a fight has ended.

My neighbor went once and said the same thing..He said you can't see sh#$ because the cage is in the way and you find yourself staring at the TV's. Another thing that sucks is that if the fight is over in 1 minute you probably have to sit there a half hour before the next fight buying $9 water that they claim is beer. Maybe I'll just go to the bar to see this one. I guess as its gets popular the price should drop as the venue grows.

My neighbor went once and said the same thing..He said you can't see sh#$ because the cage is in the way and you find yourself staring at the TV's. Another thing that sucks is that if the fight is over in 1 minute you probably have to sit there a half hour before the next fight buying $9 water that they claim is beer. Maybe I'll just go to the bar to see this one. I guess as its gets popular the price should drop as the venue grows.

I was at one in Chicago and almost every fight went to decision. The final straw that got people really booing was the Anderson Silva/Patrick Cote fight where Silva danced around like an idiot for 2 rounds. My wife and I were pretty annoyed at that one.

St. Pierre vs Hardy - Well I probably think that everyone in here would say that Pierre would win this. I think Hardy is a good fighter but Georges has much more experiece and has fought the best in the weight class. The only thing possible is if Hardy can catch him with a nice punch. That is the only way I see him winning.

Mir Vs. Carwin - I think this should be a great fight. Frank has relied on his jiu jitsu for most of his fights but when Lesnar knocked him senseless I think it made him realize that you can't be strong in one area. He put on some weight and looked impressive verses Congo winning with a mix of striking and jiu-jitsu. Shane will be a big test for Mir. He is huge and I would put his skill set close to Lesnar's in that he has good wresting, decent jiu jitsu and great striking. I think if Mir can't take Carwin down he is going to have problems.

Mir sbhould be able to submit Carwin unless he keeps telling himself that he's a great striker, if he treats this fight like the first Lesnar fight then he should be ok.

Hardy's a tough guy but GSP has destroyed many a tough guy and Hardy has no aspect of his game that beats Georges.

Back