Starting point for first AG Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaine

Reaction score
This is probley the most fundimental question you will read today but as a relitive newby to brewing and a complete Newby to AG brewing I have to ask.
What is a good starting point for an AG brew? I mean I think I understand the process but I cant seem to find quantities? How much grain should I be buying? Should i add extra malt or will that come from the grain? :confused:

These are simple questions I know and I dont want to waste your time but some of you guys (and Girls) really seem to know your stuff.

I have learnt more in the past few days reading the discussion on this forum than I have in the past 12 months reading books. :eek:

Regards

Boof

Thanks Mate. Much appreciated. I actually found a link to that site the other day but I couldn't remember the name and couldn't find the link again.
This site seems to be the brewers Bible of sorts Huh?

Blaine said:
Thanks Mate. Much appreciated. I actually found a link to that site the other day but I couldn't remember the name and couldn't find the link again.
This site seems to be the brewers Bible of sorts Huh?
I don't know about bible, but it's sure a good starting point. :)

Wow..... What that site don't got , you don't need!!! I spent the past day going cross-eyed on water table results and biocarbonate readings from every beer making city in the world. Combine that with he multiple rest points and hardcore equiptment suggested and it kinda makes brewing beer look more complicated than flying the space shuttle. I recon I'm more confused now than before....well maybe not but close.

To steal an analogy from The Matrix: That book will cerinley take you as deep inside the rabbits hole as you want to go!!!

Latest posts

Back