• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California 1BBL Conical Fermenter Stainless Jacketed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcb

Reaction score
40 Gallon conical fermenter, built mostly out of 1/4,3/8 and 1/2" stainless and weighing in at about 300 lbs. my best guess is that it was a turnkey extract brewery as it has a heat skirt (notice how it is heat discolored in the bottom pic). It holds pressure and had 3, 1/2" couplings welded on top. I added the 1 1/2" sanitary fitting and the tee for blowoff and thermowell to match my morebeer conical's functionality as well as a 2" butterfly valve on the output of the cone for dropping trub. Note I am selling the conical only, not the electronics, chiller, heater or pumps as they are already in use on another Project. $1000, this is not a thin Chinese fermenter it is a heavy duty, bombproof conical.

image-1039754785.jpg

image-4108008206.jpg

image-108172636.jpg

Also note that due to the weight and size of this I am looking to sell it locally as I have no idea how I would ship it.

Do you have a link to the build? Specifically the heating/ cooling?

Hi, sorry I don't know how to copy the thread on the mobile app. Click on my username and look at the threads I have started. I have the details posted there. I would do the cooling a little different next time, feel free to PM me as well and I'm happy to share my experiences.

kincade said:
Looks amazing. Good luck with the sale!

Hi, based on the weight I do not believe it would be reasonable to ship. It would have to go freight and I have no way to Palletize or crate/skid it. If you want to explore options I have a freight-able loading dock at work (zip 95054) and assume it is 2ft in diameter and 60" tall weighing 250-300lbs.

PM sent. It's worth a look. I'm in the market for another 1bbl tank. Stuff like this is hard to find in the east. Where did you find yours? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Any takers out there? Just got some new kettles and am moving up to 1.5 BBL and either 2 or 3 BBL fermenters

This tank is still out in the garage! It's bombproof and can be a turnkey 1 BBL mini mash brewery, straight up jacketed conical with TC fittings, bright tank etc, etc. heat skirt and beefy enough for direct heating so it could even be your boil kettle with built in jacket for cooling. It simply doesn't fit into my new brewery design so I'm going to need the space back!

Prefer local if at all possible as this thing is big and heavy. Also open to interesting trades for stuff that I need..... 5 gal sankes or ????

That bad boy looks like it belongs there. You should keep it! Nobody ever says "I've got too many fermenters"!

The new tanks look fantastic, BTW.

Russ

Ricechex75 said:
That bad boy looks like it belongs there. You should keep it! Nobody ever says "I've got too many fermenters"!

The new tanks look fantastic, BTW.

Russ

Thanks! I've got more coming so this guy has to go : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back