The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been away lately. Busy. I haven't even brewed in months. Fuggin weddings then other ****, then the holidays. Got a brew day planned next sunday. We'll see how that goes.

Roof is done, time to put away the toys, crack a beer and watch some foo-ball

image-2948506006.jpg

image-157675018.jpg

Clear your calendars for early February you fcktards... we're in final talks with two bahs over release pahty dates and they will be happening, most likely the week of Feb 4th. Trust me, you won't have any choice but to hear about the dates once they're settled.

Bird... eff you. Make the drive you pansy.

Bring lots of money too.

When have I ever *not* driven out? ****, I've driven 3-1/2 hours to brew beer in Yeager's freezing driveway in mid-January, I supposed I'll drive out to choke down a couple Peat Bog brews. Probably need a place to crash, though.

I'm assuming the bars will have something decent on tap, too?

I'm surprised you guys have even been able to brew; the swamps are all frozen over out here, where are you getting your water from?

don't worry... the Nurse has plenty of room out in the new shed.

if it gets cold, just punch of a hole in the roof and start a small fire in the corner.

Local release party is still being worked on.,. and by "local" I mean we have spoken to Trinity, a good sized place about a mile down the road from the brewery and they seem really interested. They have tossed out a few time frames and we're working on a date... that will most likely be a week night.

Boston release party is looking like Feb 9th (that's a Saturday night). I'll give everyone ONE guess where the Boston release party is gonna be.

[Boston release party is looking like Feb 9th (that's a Saturday night). I'll give everyone ONE guess where the Boston release party is gonna be.[/QUOTE]

Im guessing its a place that you and Rod like to goto on Fridays?

I'll have you know that our Western MA rep in the House is working to help your sorry asses at Peat Bog Brewing.

The county's new congressman, U.S. Rep. Richard E. Neal, D-Springfield, will be in the Berkshires on Thursday to announce a grant for Reid Middle School and offer a plan to help the region's burgeoning micro-brewery industry...

In the afternoon, the congressman will meet with local craft brewers from around Western Massachusetts and from the eastern part of the state at the Barrington Brewery in Great Barrington.

Bills in the last Congress attempted to cut the $7 per beer barrel excise tax on small brewers in half on the first 60,000 barrels, and raise it to $16 on production above that, for breweries making less than 6 million barrels annually.

Neal as a senior member of the House Ways and Means Committee has again introduced bipartisan legislation in the new Congress that seeks to calibrate the federal beer excise tax to promote industry growth.

According to 2010 figures from the Beer Institute and National Beer Wholesalers Association, Massachusetts employs some 27,000 in beer production and sales, with a total economic impact of $5.5 billion a year

How many times ayear would you have to brew to hit the 60k-barrel mark? Sixty thousand times?

The "Long Shot" associated with The Bog is long term economic viability.

Now THAT has some actual truth to it....

Oh it's economically viable... just not to any scale. We will make money. But... that amount should be just enough to cover the amount of wings we're going to eat from Wendell's across the street.

You can't make any money with a 1.5 bbl system. I would say you need at least 6-7 bbls before you have close to enough cash flow to support one or two people with actual paying jobs.... and even then, those jobs won't pay much.

But we never went into this thinking we were going to make money. I've said it a bunch of times... this is a hobby brewery where we just didn't want to lose a ton of money.... and we won't. I am reasonably confident in that. We wanted to 1) see if we even liked "going pro", 2) could actually sell beer and 3) could build any kind of positive reputation. if the answer to all three of those questions were "yes", then we would actually start thinking seriously about things.

But no... you can basically work like a slave for a year on a 1.5bbl brewery and at the end of the year, make.... I dunno... $10k.

Of course that is only a portion of what it'll cost you to actually OPEN the brewery in the first place.

Hey, I stood on the roof carrying a bundle of asphalt shingle on my shoulder and didn't punch through like a finger through wet toilet paper. That shed is like me, solid as a rock.

LOL!!!!! Now THAT is a hilarious image...

Al comes home, hears some muffled yelling, pokes her head into the shed, looks up and just sees Paul's munchkin legs poking down from the roof kicking like a mad man. "CALL THE FIRE DEPT!!! GET THE JAWS OF LIFE!!!"

I would take out a second mortgage to get video of that.

On a completely self-serving and unrelated note.... we think we're going to push back the Kinsale release pahty a week (Frank and Matt's preference) more to come on that shortly... I am heading over there in about 20 minutes for one or six and talk to them about it.

I think we settled on a "local release party" date... Feb 20th at Trinity in Norton. I was hoping for sooner... that's REALLY far away but that's the soonest they could do it unfortunately.

As a matter of practicality and public safety, Kinsale is a two minute walk from the Government Center MBTA stop. Norton is the arsehole end of nowhere. If you plan on coming and choking down a couple pints of Bog Water you might bear that in mind .

Of course, you have a built in excuse to bolt early at Trinity. "Gee I'd LOVE to have another pint of this wicked pissa beer but I'm driving. Gotta run! "

Usually I wouldn't quibble over a spelling error, but from Facebook:

Please join Matt,Brian, Frank and their Wives our release party.
Come join us for a dink to celebrate our first release from the Bog.
The first four SSBC members through the door at each event get... FREE OF CHARGE... One picture taken on Brian's iPhone of you standing with either Frank... OR Matt... OR all Three!! Don't miss this priceless opportunity!

What the hell kind of bar IS this?

Back