What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negative, fresh as can be. Bottled on 08/13/2012. I live in St. Louis.

Oh,hmm Ive been scouting that,I assumed it was just out later because of the seasonal release date they have.Hasnt hit the shelves yet here,Ive been looking every few weeks only because it came and went(gone) within a few weeks here last year and never got a chance to try it. I got some Smutty pumpkin and Pumpking,wonder how that Sam Adams pumpkin is,debating if its worth getting a whole sixer of.

My Arrogant Bastard clone that's been in the bottle 3 weeks...there's a good beer in there somewhere but it needs a few more weeks.

Oh,hmm Ive been scouting that,I assumed it was just out later because of the seasonal release date they have.Hasnt hit the shelves yet here,Ive been looking every few weeks only because it came and went(gone) within a few weeks here last year and never got a chance to try it. I got some Smutty pumpkin and Pumpking,wonder how that Sam Adams pumpkin is,debating if its worth getting a whole sixer of.

Honestly, I started to think that I may have gotten last years batch when you said it. I hope that something was just wrong with me last night. I picked up Sam Adam's Seasonal Pack which had a pumpkin in it. The pumpkin was not the Fat Jack Double Pumpkin though. Schlafly edged out the Sam Adam's sampler pack Pumpkin. I need to pick up a bottle of the Fat Jack and Pumpking though. O'Fallon Brewing's Pumpkin is great as well if you can get your hands on that. Let me know if you can't get your hands on Schafly's this year.

Homebrewed IPA - 7.5% abv, 100 ibu's, Columbus, Citra, Amarillo, and Galaxy hops added at 6 different times including a 2 stage dry hop. A ridiculous 24oz of hops used to make a 10 gallon batch. One of my best homebrews to date.

Dechutes Black Butte Porter clone. I call it De$h!ts Black Bu++ Porter ;). Delicious. Sea Dog Wild Blueberry Wheat clone (didn't work out as planned, but is still good). Can't wait to try the latest batch of Pils. Just started utilizing a late addition of extract (I'm a green brewer) and I think this batch will turn out much better than the previous.

Dechutes Black Butte Porter clone. I call it De$h!ts Black Bu++ Porter ;). Delicious. Sea Dog Wild Blueberry Wheat clone (didn't work out as planned, but is still good). Can't wait to try the latest batch of Pils. Just started utilizing a late addition of extract (I'm a green brewer) and I think this batch will turn out much better than the previous.

I just last weekend opened the first bottle out of a batch of what was supposed to be a dry Irish stout. It was beautiful, I'm quite pleased . . . but the next day I was having a BBP with my dad and realized it tastes almost exactly like what I brewed! I'd have to do a side-by-side to really see what the differences are, but I'd swear I cloned it by accident. Maybe it was subconscious, Black Butte was my first favorite beer, and the Deschutes brewery is five minutes away from my house . . . maybe I just caught some of their fumes on brew day. :)

But yeah, tonight, I'm drinking the very last bottle of my very first brew ever. A nice AG pale ale from last summer with some Magnum, Perle, and Cascade (the SNPA clone from Brew365). It's better than I remember! 2010 Cascade hops = I could be drinking pineapple juice and my nose wouldn't know the difference.

I might just throw another one of these together this weekend and call it a summer.

My Belgian Dubbel

image-312039405.jpg

Centennial blonde ale with coconut/lime!!

Weird,I just had a bottle of Pahoehoe "Coconut Ale" from 2Bros. It tasted like a hellsbock or bockish blonde pineapple to me. Got more hop character mixxed seemed appley tart finish citrus making it seem more pineaple.They used coconut water and milk even along with toasted coconut meat in the fermenter.Sounded good but I was slightly dissapoint.:mug:

This beer might not even be on here yet (I didn't read all 1300+ pages though!). Black Cabin Smoked Ale from Crown Valley Brewing. Never heard of it before tonight, but it's an awesome beer.

All I need to say is one word.... BACON!!!

On a side note... my bluegrass band played a gig tonight at a local BBQ joint where I had the pleasure of drinking Oskar Blues Yella Pils, Flying Dog Imperial IPA, Foothills IPA, & Founder's Red's Rye PA all on tap. :mug::ban::tank:

I love my town

Currently drinking my De$hi+s Black Bu++ Porter, my Scottsman's Ale, and dreaming about bottling my Easy Street Wheat clone (aka Sleasy Street Wheat) and transferring my Pilz.

Back