Photos of 1st Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is such a great site! There's so much great info and advice, and even though I haven't posted much yet, I really appreciate all the tips that this site gives.

Here's a couple of photos of my first batch:

It's a Bavarian Hefeweizen extract kit from Northern Brewers. I brewed it back on March 13, and have to say that I've been a little dissapointed in the result, until today!! The carbonation is taking awhile and for the past couple of weeks it has defintely been "green." The flavor has been okay, but there's been no depth to it, and it has tasted a little malty and watery at the same time. I finally cracked one this evening, after leaving it in the fridge for about 4 days and WOW...the difference is amazing. I think I will let it sit another week before opening anymore.

Bottled my second batch...a Witbier about a week and a half a go, so hoping it will be good to go in a few weeks. Anyway...here you go:

I call it "Herengracht Hefe"!!!

Hefe 037.jpg

Hefe 040.jpg

First of all, congratulations on your first brew. The Pictures are awesome. Secondly, this site is a wealth of knowledge just waiting to be sucked up by us newbies. Welcome to the community! Lastly, are you right on the beach? looks awesome! lol

Yeah, those pics do look awesome! I just tasted my first batch last month, and it started off tasting like apples, but has now aged a bit to where it is just a bit overly fruity. I know what caused it, but I am happy about having a drinkable first beer!

Cheers

Ahh yes the NB Bavarian Hefeweizen. Such a crowd pleaser. I have a keg of that on hand every spring and summer. Nice pics and congrats! Savor it and absorb as much as you can from this site. Before you know it, you'll brew 6 batches a month, have 4 perlick taps serving beer better than your local brewery, 4 backup kegs in reserve and you will completely alienate your wife/girlfriend :)

and you will completely alienate your wife/girlfriend :)

At the worst! My missus didn't care for beer before we met last year. If she had to drink one for social occasions it was always Pure Blonde. Now that she's had some of my homebrew, she's taken quite a fondness to beer in general and has sampled many ciders, ales, and stouts. She was in a beer "mood" last night and downed three of my homebrews!

So I guess all in all scoundrel it depends on how good your beer is :D ;)

Shweet! :mug:

I still have a couple weeks before I can taste my first brew. This place *is* great. I can't count the number of mistakes I would have made without it.

Latest posts

Back