Canadian Ale Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b33risGOOD

Reaction score
Hello boys

Im planning a brew day and want to brew myself some good ole Canadian style ale. This has proven really hard to find any sort of recipe, base recipe as an example.

Does anyone know of any recipes or at least where I can find some examples? I have tried searching google, and this forums search but have found nothing.

Thanks.

I see you're from Toronto, but I was wondering what beers you classify as "good ole Canadian style ale". Don't worry, I'm a Detroit refugee and I crossed the border many times because of the reduced legal age :).

Are you going for a Molson or Blue clone? Those are actually both lagers, not ales so the yeast works a bit differently- ferments at the bottom instead of the top and requires a bit more attention. I think "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" has a Canadian lager recipe that looked pretty tasty.

Ya im not looking to create a lager, just good ole Canadian ales. Would really appreciate your help if you know any recipes. I know what is involved with a lager so im not interested in that now.

Back