What to brew (Poll)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What to brew

• IPA

• APA

• California Common

• Cascadian Dark Ale (Black IPA)

Results are only viewable after voting.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I'm vacilating on what my next brew should be. Some background:

Live in Texas and it's starting to heat up (Spring on the horizon)

With that in mind what should I brew....

1) IPA
2) APA
3) California Common
4) Cascadian Dark Ale

IPA is one of my favorite spring beers. Drink it before you get into the weather where you need something really light and fizzy.

Nice IPA get's my vote but thats because I like them....Cali Common might be nice. My spring beer is gonna be a Sweetwater Blue Clone

IPA is one of my favorite spring beers. Drink it before you get into the weather where you need something really light and fizzy.

That makes a lot of sense. Not really a session beer unless you want to get blitzed quick ha...

I prefer IPAs, but I suggested an APA because of the fact that summer is approaching. APA's are a little easier to suck down in the summer than IPAs.

Be a rebel and brew a black pale ale!!!! You know you can make a lower ABV IPA so you can turn it into a session beer. All IPAs don't have to be >7%

Make what you like but if you want a summer beer then go for the cali common.....I thought a spring beer would be something like an IPA or APA or something nice hop but a nice spring flavor like a Sweetwater Blue...It's pale ale with hint of blue berry

A 5% APA with good, clean hops is great in the heat. A little rye for spice is a plus.

Back