Bottling day tomorrow: a couple questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So I have brand new 22oz bottles. Do I need to clean them or can I just sanitize?

The beer is a brown ale that has been sitting in secondary for 2 weeks. I was going to use 3/4 cup of corn sugar and let sit for 3 weeks to carbonate and condition. Hopefully it comes out good..I am excited to taste it tomorrow as well to see how the flavor is developing.
Any advice?
I plan on sanitizing everything, and soaking the caps in vodka. The bottled beer will sit in my garage which hovers around 72 degrees. I am going to place a towel on the bottles in case of overcarbonation.

Thanks

Dan

You just need to sanitize new bottles, and you don't need to waste the vodka on your caps. Just throw them in the sanitizer with your bottles for 15 minutes and you'll be fine.

:mug:

gruntingfrog said:
You just need to sanitize new bottles, and you don't need to waste the vodka on your caps. Just throw them in the sanitizer with your bottles for 15 minutes and you'll be fine.

:mug:
Thanks!

Dan

The most controversial subject on this forum is sanitation. The bottles you bought are clean, now just sanitize the best way you can. (what ever that way may be, many posts on this). Mostly, just have fun!!! Bottling is theriputic!!!

rcbrew said:
The most controversial subject on this forum is sanitation. The bottles you bought are clean, now just sanitize the best way you can. (what ever that way may be, many posts on this). Mostly, just have fun!!! Bottling is theriputic!!!
Thanks, yeah I plan on putting them in 5 gal of water with star san for a half hour or so. Should be good to go. Can't wait!

Dan

Back