Low calorie HB advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffharkcom

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
New to the forum, but have been brewing for a few years now. recently upgraded my home brewing kit from a Mr Beer....Im embarrassed to admit that....to a prim-sec fermenter system. Still bottle my beer and hope to advance to kegging in the future. Does anyone know how to brew a low calorie beer? Any advice or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Trying to keep my girlish figure but still enjoy my home brews.....:ban:

Thanx in advance.

Look up cream ale recipes on the forum. They usually include adjuncts like rice and may be lower calorie because of that. Other than that just brew low alcohol stuff that has a lower grain bill.

A lower finishing gravity means more carbohydrates have been converted to alcohol for a low carbohydrate beer. Using a low original gravity and mashing at less than 150f also the use of additional amylase enzymes, some have used Beano (anti-gas enzymes) to further reduce finishing gravity but some say your beer might turn out too dry. Good Luck.

Back