What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southern Tier 2X Double Milk Stout

image-81200028.jpg

Very smooth with a slight roasted malt flavor coming through at the end.

Schell Chimney Sweep. Wow. This brewery has great stuff mostly. Beers I would drink again and again. It reminds me of a mildly smokey porter/oktoberfest lager.

That's a nice stew you've got going there. Sort of looks like a beef bourguignon to me. I happened to have made myself a big ol' crockpot of chili yesterday...

You must be classy, i thought it looked like beanie weenies!

I bought SN Celebration and since then I've gotten in the holiday spirit in a major way. Why? 6.66% ABV tastes like candy. Especially after my Victory Brewery hoppy expedition. Celebration is going to be my standard for the next couple of months.

minka-kelly.jpg

Google Sierra Nevada Celebration images. Not sure how they tie it in.

I'm drinking a SN Celebration right now!

That's a nice stew you've got going there. Sort of looks like a beef bourguignon to me. I happened to have made myself a big ol' crockpot of chili yesterday...

Yum. Love crock pot chili. This was just a simple beef veggie soup w/barley. Portabellas always seem to find a way into every soup we make, especially beef soups. Turned out quite epic.

HPIM1483.jpg

Yum. Love crock pot chili. This was just a simple beef veggie soup w/barley. Portabellas always seem to find a way into every soup we make, especially beef soups. Turned out quite epic.

View attachment 85743

Nice. I've been making a lot of this this last few autumnal weeks: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beefstewwithdumpling_87333

....and variations. No 'shrooms there but plenty of swede (rutabaga) and suet (animal fat).

Trying to find the perfect beer to compliment.

Had some big hoppy and some widmer milk stout while brewing my own choclate milk stout. Cleaned the kettles with some lagunitas wilco tango foxtrot and now ending the night on my own esb...cant get enough of this stuff

Wasn't it you that mentioned these guys awhile back NE? This stuff is good. An actual balanced west coast IPA, a rare find.

image-1747069994.jpg

jonmohno said:
Yeah,didnt catch the Lukcy bit,my bad.:mug: Good eye. Think Im inspired enough to pick up a second bottle as opposed to yesterday,when I was not as inspired.

I've been keeping my eye out for Lukcy, I've had Double, Oaked, and of course the original but haven't seen the blend yet.

Cracked a 750 of La Fin Du Monde for tonight. Its been a while since I've had this one but it's an old favorite. Still great. Picked up some Maudite and another Unibroue 17 Grande Reserve to Cellar so I can open bottle number one next weekend. I'm gonna keep grabbing bottles of it until it disappears.

Trying to find the perfect beer to compliment.

That stew and dumpling recipe looks stellar, I'm gonna have to make that! I'm a total hop fiend, so adjust to taste, but I find things like black IPA and hoppy porter go great with beef stews/soups. Doppelbock and Baltic porter if you're looking for a lager. Basically, anything I'd use a little of in the rue will go well with the meal.

Ok, this is one epic IPA. I got a 4 pk in a trade and this is the last can. I really hope that I can get me another 4 pk before it's all gone. It's delish. :mug:
HPIM1486.jpg

Last night was one Homebrew a pale, then the bridgeport beervana mix pack
a hop czar, a kingpin double red and a winter warmer ebenezer all very good :mug:

Green Flash West Coast IPA. Never had one before and when I saw $10 for a 4-pack I thought it was a little steep. But now.... mmmmm, I get it. Hoppy. Liquid. Gold.

1127021908 (1).jpg

My first brew in almost 10 months, a Gingerbread Brown Ale. First tasting to see how it's progressing after 7 days in the bottle. Definitely needs a couple more weeks as I had assumed, though it seems to be on it's way to being pretty good.

Before that, my last bottle of Founder's Porter. Dark, rich, and sexy indeed!

Had a liter grolsh filled with this from the Bent River Uncommon Beverage Station drive-thru ,in the Quad Cities.

jalapeno1_medium.jpg

Latest posts

Back