Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A$$ Whistle brewing.

One of my co workers has a hell of a time with other agencies on base following proper procedure when they drop off liquid oxygen carts off at my shop to be filled. He is 100% professional on the phone and in person with the folks every time, but he gets tired of saying the same thing every week to the same people. One day he hung up the phone and said "What an a$$ whistle!!!". So, I kinda took that cause it was funny.

Dogfarts Caramel Amber.jpg

I have been brewing for about a year and after thinking about it for awhile decided on Island Boy Ales. I spend a good amount of time in the Caribbean at least two weeks every year so my friends always joke about me being an island boy, plus I grew up in Ocean City Maryland and spent most of my summers either working on the boardwalk or on the beach so it kinda fits. Most of my beer names have either an island theme or a pirate theme to them.
My logo

seal(2)1.jpg

Dude said:
:D

Mine is named after myself too, so don't feel bad.

When I was a teen, and in sports and stuff, I got called "Iron" all the time because my last name is similar to Ore, so it stuck throughout the rest of my life. Hence, the name of the brewery is the "Iron Orr Brewery".

I'm struggling mightily with a logo because I'm a total spazz on the computer drawing programs. I have no art skillz. I have some ideas but can't put them together.

My brewery name is Ironbar Homebrewery. Because my last name is maiden I often got called Iron as well. I like your style.

I've got a couple of ideas right now but I'm really struggling to come up with something. I guess I'm not very creative but here are the couple that I've come up with:

Silver Horse Homebrew (I own a silver Mustang that I love:) I'm liking this one the most so far)
CarbonBrew
Origin Homebrew
Weird Beer Homebrew (FIL always calls the beer I drink weird beer. He is a lover of BMC whichever one is on sale each week)

The other two are just random names that I've come up with. I've been mulling over a name for about a week now.

Pinch Flat Brewing
One day while Mountain biking I had a blowout, followed by the dreaded pinch flat. With no more spare tubes and two unrepairable flats, I walked miles back to the car in the heat. I literally would have killed for a good, cold brew.

Praying and planning that this will be hanging on a sign over the door to my brewery someday in the not so distant future.

I've dubbed my brewery name "Exile Brewing". It all started from my wife going back to school to work on her Masters. So whenever she needed some study time I would say I was going to exile (the garage) and the name stuck.

By the way, this has given me more than enough brew time to keep out of her hair.

Just some FYI a Brewery is about to open up here in Des Moines called Exile Brewing

exile.jpg

www.exilebrewing.com

logocopyj.jpg

For Andrea and Derek, the bridge is for the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor - have to cross it every time I go to see him, and him to see me.

Since I've just started with mead, have been infusing liquors and making homemade vinegar for a good while now its more of a brand logo/name for all of my edible items as opposed to just a "brewery".

Silent Partner Brewing.

Two reasons:
1. My wife lets me determine what I brew as long as I keep something on for her.
2. She won't talk to me on brew day (except for "how much longer" and "you got the kids when you are done").

I've only started all grain I've brewed kitts for 20 years, when I was 16 I started brewing beer for me and my friends. One night after way to many I said buds not the king of beer I was and ever since its been king Jim beer. Looking back I was more of a jester than a king and back then the kitts were pretty gross.lol

I brew with my two brothers and we are all new to this. Here are a few that we have been kicking around:

3 Degrees of Stoopid
3 Blind Minds
3mpty Headspace

It's fun to come up with them, though. You all have some very great and entertaining names! Tons of inspiration here, keep up the good work!

unfairbeef said:
I brew with my two brothers and we are all new to this. Here are a few that we have been kicking around:

3 Degrees of Stoopid
3 Blind Minds
3mpty Headspace

It's fun to come up with them, though. You all have some very great and entertaining names! Tons of inspiration here, keep up the good work!

"Three Blind Minds Brewing" it has a nice ring to it. I like that one!

I decided on Love Brewing after i decided to make t-shirts out of a logo i designed. I wore them to a craft beer fest and everyone though it was an awesome design.

xkqf04.png
Ya know it's funny, i get e-mails about this thread every once in a while, i forgot what i had even posted in here originally. It's amazing what 2 years will do.

Well an update, we're now an LLC called Love Brewing Company we're in the process of looking for a brew space.

New logos

CJarH.png

n0xQY.jpg

Ya know it's funny, i get e-mails about this thread every once in a while, i forgot what i had even posted in here originally. It's amazing what 2 years will do.

Well an update, we're now an LLC called Love Brewing Company we're in the process of looking for a brew space.

New logos

CJarH.png

n0xQY.jpg

Very awesome, congrats and good luck!

After years of brainstorming to little avail, I have finally thought of my new brewery name. (Sane Man had to go away, as A) I'm not sane and B) My t-shirt design got axed for copyright infringement.)

My new name is Broken Robot Brewing Co.

I'm an oldest child and had to be responsible for the littler kids from a very early age. As such I never really figured out how to take care of myself, only others. I also am coping with OCD and severe anxiety issues - often sending me into loops where I start and stop the same tasks over again, perpetually interrupting myself from completion - and so today, I am like a broken robot. I look as a human would, but I think like computron. There you have it.

I'm hoping I stay put on this name and don't switch any more.

The place we moved to (and live in now) eleven years ago had a set of 4 dog runs on one side of the carport / workshop / garden room. The roof was all rusted out, the chain link fences half rusted and the gates were all gone. I finally convinced a neighbor I really did want to tear the roof, fences, and chain walls out and make a little brewing room. He built the shell, I did 80% of the rest of the work. Naturally, the brewery is Dog Run Brewing. I have another friend working on a label and a sign for it.

As kps noted I forgot to add my story. I named it Makokiller because in 2001 I won the Mako shark tournament in Ocean City MD. Been Makokiller ever since. So what's your story kps?

makokiller1.jpg

I named my brewery Liquid Nuptials, No. 195 (see attached image, courtesy of Michael Henry from Draconian Libations.)

To be blunt, my wife introduced me to craft beer. My father-in-law introduced me to home brewing and wine making. Also, my wife and I enjoy our best times together while drinking good beer and wine. I even jokingly say that beer has kept us married.

The No. 195 refers to our wedding anniversary. We were married on July 14, which is the 195th day of the year.

Prost!

Liquid Nuptials.jpg

In college I took a senior level history class with a group of friends called "History of the Blues". Not only was the music great, but the stories were as well. Inspired by great blues names like Blind Lemon Jefferson, Howlin' Wolf, and Muddy Waters, we put together of our own blues combo, Mad Spank and the Bootknockers. Although we mostly only existed in our minds, we did play publicly a few times. A few years later I started brewing and the name stuck. Here are some of the logos from over the years.

1996:
bbc1.jpg

1999:
bbc2.jpg

2003-present:
bbc3.jpg

Header for my neglected blog:
bbc4.jpg

Mine is Fat Fish Brewing, I brew next to a pond i dug out of solid limestone by hand and the Koi are all just lazy fat fish. My Motto is "Ex aqua vite" which literally translated means "From Water Life" figured this made sense since I used mainly water to brew and I brew with my fish nearby. It is also a play on "aqua vītae" which is translated as "the water of life" or to the Romans alcohol. That and I took latin in school as have half my kids.

irishstoutlablel-55949.png

Wow, that's a lot pages to read... Gotta finish reading later, however here are my options:

I don't live on a 'cool' street name (Zuck - pronounced like cook but with a z), so I didn't want just that. Figured since swmbo always says I spend too much (even though she enjoys the end products) I decided to try throwing in a 'poor' option as well. Broke Zuck B&W (Brewin' & Winin')???

Or, since I live about 5-10 minutes away from Lake Erie, we get some really bad weather around here. Since great lakes and Erie themed stuff I know are being used, I won't try to theme around them. Our weather sucks, and we claim we have 2 seasons here (winter and almost winter), but didn't really have a winter this past year. Broken Seasons B&W (Brewin' & Winin')???

I was trying to work in brewing and winery in there as well, since I dabble in both...

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I haven't brewed a batch yet, but I call my setup "Mount McKinley Brewing ". Story behind it is my last name is McKinley, and I am a bigger guy. I also live on a mountain in central Pennsylvania and brew alliterative ales, stalwart stouts, loudmouth lagers, and any other styles I feel like. I don't have any logo or label design yet, but am working with a friend on coming up with that stuff soon.

Teal's Brewery

I spent a lot of time trying to come up with some catchy name/phrase. Then I realized that all of the really old school, great breweries were all family names that lasted generations. So that's what I went with.

Sticky Dogs Brewing comes from our 3 Dachshunds, Tobie, Marley and Ariel, who are not the best behaved. To discipline them we squirt them with lemon, which they hate but it is perfectly safe. You are supposed to squirt it in their mouths but they are small and fast and don't wait around to be disciplined, so they get squirted wherever I can get them. So there is always a sticky dog around.

Sticky_dogs_logo.jpg

I'm the forth generation of a family business called Atlas Spring & Axle.
On one of my orders from Austin Homebrew Supply I asked if they could draw me a picture of Atlas taking a drink out of his spring.

So I call myself,
Atlas' Spring

image-4284235940.jpg

Third Rail Brewing. As my ex-SWMBO can attest, I'm a transit geek, riding the rails whenever I can. I'm also an urban planner by trade. But mostly, it just sounds cool!

EDIT: ...and it looks like a real brewery has recently started up using this very name! Time to start thinking up a new one. I wouldn't want to confuse my customers (all three or four of them!).

Me and my room mate who share a passion for this coined "Bickering Bros. Brewing Company". I love the guy to death but me and the guy LOVE to battle it out courtroom style all the time, arguing about anything and everything especially beer brewing practices and ingredient choices.

Mine is called Steven Berkshire Brews. The "brewery" is comprised of me and my friend anthony.. i live on Steven Ct. and he lives on Berkshire Rd. Hence the SBB

252340_188790384501756_8282094_n.jpg

222941_185443101503151_6773118_n.jpg

Lake Hub Brewery. Have no logo but it is representative of the area that I live in. It is located at the Hub of the great lakes.

H2opunk182 said:
Mine is called Steven Berkshire Brews. The "brewery" is comprised of me and my friend anthony.. i live on Steven Ct. and he lives on Berkshire Rd. Hence the SBB

I love the play on NYHC. . .

Latest posts

Back