What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am drinking my new American Dopplebock Ale. Not to style but delicious. I can only imagine it is going to get better with time. I am also cooking up some polish sausage in it on the stove.

Cooper's Pale Ale, they say that bottle harvesting coopers yeast is actually better than the stuff they sell to homebrewers. And I managed to score a sixer. It's really good. I've noticed a crispness to their beers.

my CDA... still my all time favorite beer and the only beer i've ever made more than once. 7.2%, 76 bu w/ columbus, cascade and sorachi ace... thinking i've got to make this again, i'm down to one case.

Sam Adams East-West kolsch-pretty good after mowing the lawn.Kinda sweet/floral but light smooth and refreshing.Probably especially good since after breaking a fast.

Saison duPont. This is my first time trying a saison and SWMBO and I love it. This was followed up with some home brewed witbier.

Black Eye from Ballast Point its a blend of black marlin porter and big eye IPA

Edit: Damn growler just kicked! Better head back there tomorrow!

SN Torpedo. It has me thinking I am just going to buy my IPAs until I start buying hops in bulk because the economics just don't make cents.

SN Torpedo. It has me thinking I am just going to buy my IPAs until I start buying hops in bulk because the economics just don't make cents.

In our latest group buy, I have an order in for 31 pounds of hops, to go along with the 15-20# I have at home. :D

If you can use non Centennial, Simcoe, and Amarillo recipes (always looking for good IPA recipes that don't use those three hops myself), Hopshack has Columbus, Willamette and Nugget for $6.99/#, Galena for $7.59/#, Brewers Gold for $8.19/#, Cascade for $10.99/#. Here's a link:http://www.hopsshack.com/store/hotbuys.html

Any IPA suggested recipes out there that don't use Centennial, Simcoe, or Amarillo?

31 lbs...are you serious? I think it would be pretty easy to make a rockin IPA with Columbus and Cascade. Split the difference and it starts to feel alot like Centennial.

31 lbs...are you serious? I think it would be pretty easy to make a rockin IPA with Columbus and Cascade. Split the difference and it starts to feel alot like Centennial.

Yes, 31#. 11# of cascade, 3# Columbus. I have about 1.5-2# of each already. And yes, my intention is to mix 70% cascade, 30% Columbus to approximate Centennial. I have maybe a # of the real Centennial, but it's going fast! Unfortunately, a few pounds of my order is promised to friends. (That's the greedy, can't have enough hops monster coming out.)

But I am still searching for great APA's and IPA's using things like Nugget, Willamette, Brewers Gold, Galena, and so on, as most of the IPA's I've made (Bells Two Hearted, SN Celebration, Ballast Point Sculpin, LakeFront IPA, Victory Hop Devil, ...) seem to use Cascade/Centennial/Columbus/Chinook and/or Amarillo/Simcoe.

Back