My Goodwill score.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
Quite the bargain at .50 :)

ForumRunner_20120324_150916.jpg

This is the first time I've actually found anything worth buying. Funny thing is I went in looking to find a tulip glass for a Golden Strong I'm currently fermenting. Imagine my shock when I actually found what I was looking for.

Good score My wife found three of our crystal wine glasses that cost 25 bucks each at Goodwill for $.99 yesterday

hillybilly said:
Good score My wife found three of our crystal wine glasses that cost 25 bucks each at Goodwill for $.99 yesterday

Nice! That's a good score! I always figured a lot of the glasses are from deceased loved ones where they have no idea what they are giving away, or don't really care. Either way some nice things slip through from time to time.

Nice find. I'm in the market for a couple tulip style glasses. Right now all I have is a ton of pint glasses. I'll have to try Goodwill.

Kaiser, I always see threads like yours and think about how I should go see what my local Goodwill has. Well, after seeing your thread earlier I decided to literally drop what I was doing and go! I just got back, and check out what I found;
IMG00585-20120324-1649.jpg

Thanks for motivating me to go!! :mug:

Kaiser, I always see threads like yours and think about how I should go see what my local Goodwill has. Well, after seeing your thread earlier I decided to literally drop what I was doing and go! I just got back, and check out what I found;
Thanks for motivating me to go!! :mug:

That's awesome! A good find there!

I work as a service tech and am on the road everyday, I think I'm going to drop by all Goodwills in this area regularly to see if I can build an impressive glass collection.

That's awesome! A good find there!

I work as a service tech and am on the road everyday, I think I'm going to drop by all Goodwills in this area regularly to see if I can build an impressive glass collection.

Thanks! My work takes me all over town as well, so I think that's a great idea! We have a lot of German military stationed here, so I would imagine I could find a lot more similar to these two. I also wouldn't mind finding a few steins for that matter!

I've had some pretty fly finds from Germany, my most recent a nice Goblet from Alsace scored in at Thrift World Dallas. I also find all sorts of crazy glasses in the army town I live in but I would like to say that is the single most awesome glass find I've ever seen out of a thrift store. Jealousy.

I've had some pretty fly finds from Germany, my most recent a nice Goblet from Alsace scored in at Thrift World Dallas. I also find all sorts of crazy glasses in the army town I live in but I would like to say that is the single most awesome glass find I've ever seen out of a thrift store. Jealousy.

I was stationed at Ft Hood and lived in Copperas Cove. I'm sure there are some nice finds there from all over.

So I go to a different Goodwill today just to see if I can find anything, and instantly find a Leffe tulip glass in an area where it doesn't belong (imagine my excitement). I go to the glasses section and find 2 more! I was hoping to find a 4th but no such luck. I then see a German mug that I picked up, then when I was sure I had scanned everything my wife finds another tulip glass, not the 4th Leffe but still a good one! It was 5 bucks for all 5 glasses, can't beat it!

Leffe 2.jpg

mug.jpg

mug 2.jpg

furf.jpg

whenever i go to thrift shops i ALWAYS check out the glassware.
i can easily find multiple glasses, most of the time i have to put them back :(
best two i've found to date was a 20th anniversary widmer thick glass mug for a buck and a pyramid heff pilsner glass

so i go to a different goodwill today just to see if i can find anything, and instantly find a leffe tulip glass in an area where it doesn't belong (imagine my excitement). I go to the glasses section and find 2 more! I was hoping to find a 4th but no such luck. I then see a german mug that i picked up, then when i was sure i had scanned everything my wife finds another tulip glass, not the 4th leffe but still a good one! It was 5 bucks for all 5 glasses, can't beat it!

sweet!

You gave me the bug again! I just googled and found another Goodwill on my side of town. I'm heading over there now!

With that kind of luck you should be out buying lottery tickets and not beer glasses.

Reminds me of bad memories... After I got married 5.5 years ago, I found six of my pint glasses in my cupboard. My wife and her aunt thought it would be nice to make a goodwill run. Needless to say, I'm sure one person banked on my loss. She hauled off about 24 assorted pint glasses that I had slowly collected. Seriously, that was the worst thing she had done in our marriage (that I know of)...

Reminds me of bad memories... After I got married 5.5 years ago, I found six of my pint glasses in my cupboard. My wife and her aunt thought it would be nice to make a goodwill run. Needless to say, I'm sure one person banked on my loss. She hauled off about 24 assorted pint glasses that I had slowly collected. Seriously, that was the worst thing she had done in our marriage (that I know of)...

Ouch! That had to hurt.

I was stationed at Ft Hood and lived in Copperas Cove. I'm sure there are some nice finds there from all over.

I was also stationed at Hood. I lived in Temple before I got base housing though. When were you there, and what unit were you in?

Yes, i know this is a little :off: but I just have to know!

I was also stationed at Hood. I lived in Temple before I got base housing though. When were you there, and what unit were you in?

Yes, i know this is a little :off: but I just have to know!

Ft Hood was my first duty station. I was there Feb '94 - July '95, 3-41 Infantry 2nd AD. Went to Germany after that and was there 10 years.

When were you there?

I have a friend who works at the local shop. Knew I was into brewing and before I even finished my first batch had picked up a bench crapper and 200 caps for me for a nickel! (Employee discount haha) from the looks of it it had been stashed in a closet or basement for a while. Simple dusting and was good as new. Never used but one bottle. 199 of 200 caps in box

All my glassware is form thrift stores, except one glass my then girlfriend bought me as my first gift after we started dating.

Good score!
But does your car really have 5 cup holders next to each other when only 2 people can sit there?

D_Nyholm said:
Good score!
But does your car really have 5 cup holders next to each other when only 2 people can sit there?

It's a company service vehicle, but it does have 4 cup holders. Its where all my crap gets thrown to.
Only one person can actually sit there too, tools occupy the shotgun.

It's a company service vehicle, but it does have 4 cup holders. Its where all my crap gets thrown to.
Only one person can actually sit there too, tools occupy the shotgun.

Lol, i love the plethora of cup holders in new cars these days! One of my cars built in 01 has ZERO cup holders and works just fine! :)

The thrift stores are definitely a gold mine. These are a few of many I have picked up for less than a buck apiece.
9f769249.jpg

Back