Jerky recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMet

Reaction score
Wifee got me a dehydrator for Christmas and I can't wait to try it out. She got me a box of seasoning but I've always had great luck with recipes on here. Anyone have some?

I've got one that's absolutely wonderful. Very similar to Wild Bill's, though I'm not sure you have their jerky down in FL. I'll post it tonight after work.

Here it is, for 2 pounds of sliced meat:

2/3 cup worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbls molasses
2 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls honey
2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Mix all ingredients, and marinate the meat in it in a 1 gallon ziploc for 12 hours. Be sure to "massage" the bag every few hours to redistribute the marinade around the meat. If any of parts of your meat are still pink, the marinade didn't contact it, so "massage" the bag some more and check again in a few hours.

For 1/4" thick slices, expect to dehydrate about 6 hours at 160 degrees.

Awesome, looks good. I'll pick up the meat on the way home from work and give it a shot. Thanks.

Mine is

1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp habanero sauce
2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 cup worcestershire

I slice my meat with my slicer so the slices are even and
reasonably thin for faster drying. I aslo marinate for 12 hours.

So any recipes out there for a water smoker? I have a Masterbuilt and it makes amazing venison jerky and now I want to try some beef. Who has the secret recipes??

Anyone ever cold smoke their meat before drying it?

yes.
cold smoked with apple wood.
racks 1-3 beef
rack 4 cheddar cheese.

the beef was then placed in a Nesco dehydrator. Godly Jerky was removed and vacuum packed upon completion of the drying cycle.

you can cold smoke pretty much anything except poultry and pork.
and pie.
pies don't cold smoke very well.

yes.
cold smoked with apple wood.
racks 1-3 beef
rack 4 cheddar cheese.

the beef was then placed in a Nesco dehydrator. Godly Jerky was removed and vacuum packed upon completion of the drying cycle.

you can cold smoke pretty much anything except poultry and pork.
and pie.
pies don't cold smoke very well.

No pies? Thats really disapointing.

I was planning on doing it for the first batch but if I do then it would have to wait until the weekend and I already bought the meat. I will use liquid smoke this time and then next batch cold smoke.

4 lbs of meat
2 cups Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup liquid smoke (I love liquid smoke so you can tone it down if you like.)
And marinade for 24 hours or freeze in the marinade till your ready to dehydrate.
Dehydrate for 6 to 8 hours or until it's at the consistency you like. Then put in a paper bag and add 6 tbs Tony Sasherie's Cajun seasoning. Shake to distribute seasoning. It will continue to dry because of the salt in the seasoning, so leave it in the bag and it will stay good for weeks if it lasts that long. I sell this recipe at work for $5 a pound.

Mine is going on the dehydrator in the morning and then off to Iraq on Monday, for a few of my friends that are hungry for real jerky, not that jack links crap.

No pies? Thats really disapointing.

I was planning on doing it for the first batch but if I do then it would have to wait until the weekend and I already bought the meat. I will use liquid smoke this time and then next batch cold smoke.

Ive done my last 4 batches smoked for a short time the dried in a cheap Harbor Freight dehydrator (No fan in it just an element). Wifey Likes and so does everyone else

Back