Need Some Feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattycakes888

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this site, wanted to get some feedback on my labels i created for my beer. I've been brewing for a few months now and can see this turning into an addiction :) Also, any ideas on how this logo would come out if i tried to DIY etch it onto a couple of pint glasses.....something about drinking your own beer from a cup with your logo on it brings a smile to my face......

bearded brew facebook.jpg

I like the graphic but it confused me twice... First I thought it was an octopus then I saw the text that said "Bearded" and I thought "oh, it's a crazy curly-cue moustache" but then I thought "But wait, it says Bearded so it can't be a moustache...

I do like the graphic though I think the middle one needs a darker background, the yellow gets lost on the white

Thanks for the feedback, and now that you mention it, it does kind of look like an octopus haha. I'm thinking of going back and sort of toning it down, maybe more beard less mustache, and making it single color so i can print it on pint glasses and t shirts for cheap.....Thanks again for the input

Totally the influence for the label.....I don't know if I owe the rights of the logo to his mustache? Anyways, it's one hell of a mustache/beard thing

mustache.jpg

I updated the logo, tried a more simpler approach with more "beard" as suggested, thinking about stenciling this onto some pint glasses.....let me know what you think and thanks again for the help!

Simple Bearded brew.jpg

I think it will work for you as, I assume, you will be able to explain to people what it is.

The graphic needs an explanation as IMHO it is not self explanatory.

I do though, like the idea and would post that photo in your brewery so people can relate it to your logo.

Actually, why not make the eyes look a bit more like eyes and give us a mouth to view. I bet the beard will then stand out.

I think the simple black and white looks sharp. And I like the color scheme of the first of three in OP. I'd agree that something to make the face/beard immediately obvious, like a nose or more pronounced mouth, would eliminate some confusion.

I too like the black and white.....I made a few more changes as you guys suggested and order 50 product labels from Vistaprint.com for 10 bucks to see how they came out.....I'll take pictures of them on the bottle when I get them, and let you know how they work!

Back