So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewed my Octoberfest Hefeweizen yesterday, so it will be ready for my party mid-october. Pitched white labs WLP300 about 3:00 yesterday. just checked it, its thundering the ferm chamber, and blowing off like crazy. situation normal.

Coming home from the office I decided to do a German mild:
10 gallons
10 pounds Munich
5 pounds Pilsner
1.5 pounds carapils
Mash at 148F, single decoction for mashout
2 oz Perle 60 min
2 oz Hallertau 20 min
2 oz Hallertau at flameout.
Nottingham yeast, fermented at 60F

DannyD said:
onece you go grain you will never look back again,

Decocting??

20 mins at 122
30 mins at 150
30 mins at 160
10 mins at 170

Malt was delicious after extraction, then added 1 lb of honey for 45 mins of boil

Brewing EdWort's Kolsch recipe with WLP008 East Coast Ale yeast - no Kolsch yeast at the LHBS!

:cross: Scratch that! Decided to brew up a version of Lakewalk Pale Ale with WLP008 today and wait for the kolsch yeast! First brew with temperature control - Fermenting vigorously within 3 hrs! I've got good feelings about this one.

Great weather here in Texas today. Brewed my last partial mash before going 100% all-grain. Made a West Coast IPA with US-05. Tried the new convoluted counterflow chiller and submersible pump to recirculate ice water; the setup worked better than expected.

brewed a big batch of ESB with some friends. Great time had by me and I believe everyone else as well.

@40 gallons of Maris Otter based ESB - OG 1.058, @ 40 IBUs

Brewed 12 gallons of a Homegrown Hop IPA yesterday. 2.15 lbs of DRIED Homegrown Hops used on the hot side. Wort tasted unlike anything I've ever made. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Mash Hops

Kettle Hops

After emptying the Kettle

Hopback and chilling

It's Tuesday and feeling like fall in Albuquerque - brewed ESB last weekend and grilled some greek chicken on the bbq

If your experience is half as good as mine you are on the right track rowanb!

Brewing a Flanders Red right now, which is my initial brew using a Chugger Pump. Having lots of fun.

On deck for Saturday is a Belgian Strong Dark with honey in place of candi sugar. Probably going to ferment coldish and then dryhop it....

Thinking about doing my first brew EVER this weekend if the LHBS will open its doors sometime. They're changing locations and of course I got the gear just when they closed up for the move.

2L starter of WLP500 is spinning away for a Belgian Strong Dark on Saturday. Gonna toss a few of these in it.

PXQrz.jpg

SWMBO is brewing her first batch this weekend! She is super excited. I think it is awesome.

She's following the A-Z brown ale from Sam C's Extreme Brewing book. Its a pretty good recipe for a beginner - can't wait to see how it pans out.

stubbornman said:
2L starter of WLP500 is spinning away for a Belgian Strong Dark on Saturday. Gonna toss a few of these in it.

Where did you find the piloncillo? I cant find it anywhere. I'd like to throw a couple in my next cider. Do you order them online? Please lemme know where youre getting them

Where did you find the piloncillo? I cant find it anywhere. I'd like to throw a couple in my next cider. Do you order them online? Please lemme know where youre getting them

I used the exact link Strangelove posted from amazon. If you are a Prime member (everyone should be IMO) it's free shipping!

I'm brewing Reaper's Mild this weekend. But, experimenting with Wyeast 3711 yeast to see how versatile it is. I've tried Saisons with this yeast, now want to see how it does with a mild.

Taking this week off. Thinking about what to do next. I am thinking about a variation on Ed Wort's haus pale. Using some citra for bittering and possibly some late addition centenniel, along with cascades.

Planning on making a batch of The Pious (Westvleteren 12 Clone) next weekend. I was hoping to get an earlier start but it should be pretty drinkable my the holidays, hopefully.

I've got ingredients here for 12 gallons of Irish Red. I'll make 6 gallons on Sunday, leave it in primary for a month, bottle it, and then dump a new batch of 6 gallons on the yeast cake.

Hooray beer! And hooray November tailgating!

Back