Founders KBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep I got my 4 pack today for 21 bucks. I also grabbed a single of Double trouble, because I haven't had this years batch. I am glad I know of a drive thru that is not very well known, the owner is very good at getting everything that is released in stock.

Anyone know where to find bottles of this in the DC area? I know one place that is tapping a keg tonight, but not being a native to the area I'm pretty clueless.

Frikkin A. Local Bottle Shop DOESN'T have it yet.

I bought a bottle of Uncle John's Apple Cherry Cider for my wife instead.

Founders is like not even 2 hours away and we can't even get the good stuff on the day of release.

All the local shops here said it went in about 5 minutes.

I went to the release party and people were waiting in line for 4 hours for it and some didn't even get any. It was $115 for 24 bottles which I guess is a little break from store prices.
I had some on tap and they must age this beer with half of the whiskey left! Such a huge, thick beer (that's what she said!).

Anyway get some and age some. I thought it needed to mellow a touch.

Just got a call from my beer guy and my order got in today. Picking up 4-4 packs after work! I'm literally starting to drool.

Old thread I know. Snagged a single of KBS around Thankgiving. Holy Crap what a beer. Sent an email to my local founders dist. inquiring about a case. Will save 4 4packs and use the other two for trading. Probably my favorite beer.

Old thread I know. Snagged a single of KBS around Thankgiving. Holy Crap what a beer. Sent an email to my local founders dist. inquiring about a case. Will save 4 4packs and use the other two for trading. Probably my favorite beer.

Good luck getting a hold of a case. And it's entirely possible that your dist. means the regular Breakfast Stout (which is possible they have on hand) instead of KBS (which is extremely unlikely that they have on hand).

I got a hold of a case for $120 because I was there the day that the Founders shipment that included KBS was put on the floor just by happenstance. Went in planning on getting some SNPA, walked out with a case of KBS and a very big grin.

The head beverage guy said the got in one case on Tuesday 4-2-13 and was nice enough to hold one for me, as I had asked him if he would 3 months ago.

Half the case was 'reserved' and he put the rest of the case out on the shelf. He said it was gone in 20 minutes.

Another small local liquor store here in Cincinnati also got one case and held one for me also. His never made it to the shelves, sold right out of the case.

Three weeks ago the was a stout fest in Northern Kentucky, at Molly Malone's; 22 different stouts on tap( I had them all!). $2 a 4oz taste, $5 for 12oz. My favorite was Old Rasputin Bourbon Barrel XV, I found it in KY for $22.50 a bomber. No wonder I liked it. Had a 12oz for $5. what a deal

The stout fest had bottles of KBS, but only the first 100 you bought ticket got a sample. Later I found out they had it on tap for $10 for 10oz. That was 3 weeks before Ohio got any.

Back