Bad weather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhed

Reaction score
Heck-a-mighty, we got a tornado warning here.
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Hope it don't knock out me damn cable. :mad:
I live in a teeny single-wide from the '60's. Jeez, anyone else out there experiencing bad weather? Shook me home a moment ago.

Ya just gotta love it.

:mug:
Copper

Not me, but in PA we're going to get over an inch of rain tonight, and I have to drive into the city. Bleep.

sounds bad!

the weather is a bit boring in england ! but i spose its safer

how are you ? roof blown off yet?:confused:

Roof is intact as we speak......
However, the air is orange looking. And very quiet. Still.
All animals are paranoid as hell, I trust them to lead me.

We'll see.

Copper

Copperhed said:
I live in a teeny single-wide from the '60's.
Copper

Run Copper! thats a tornado magnet. Hope all remains well. I remember from the midwest the orange sky and total calm. Freaky time.

Green skies are the bad ones.

I love the thunderstorms. Freaks my dog out, but it means that warmer weather is on its way.

I hate thunderstorms. They never bothered me before, but Hurricane Isabel came through in 03 and dropped a massive oak tree on our house. Now, I cringe every time I hear "severe thunderstorm watch"...that and every time the wind blows hard. Really sucks.

Got all the animals battened down. (took awhile)

Never saw green skies so I took a drive to see what's going on here.... :D

I do however agree with desertBrew 'bout orange skies/air. It was spooky to beat the band. Hair stood on my arms/neck and all my animals were TOTALLY trippin'.

Jess dead wood lying around so far. Checked the weather station a minute ago and think it might be over. Damn, was wanting to take photos of devastation. (kiddin)

Copper

6 hours ago on my way to work there was no new snow on the ground. As I'm typing there are 12 inches of fresh powder on top of everything with at least 6 more to go and 40 mph winds to boot. SWMBO is at work, I'm at work and the kids are at home wondering if mom and dad are actually going to make it home. God I love winter.

loop

vtfan99 said:
I hate thunderstorms. They never bothered me before, but Hurricane Isabel came through in 03 and dropped a massive oak tree on our house. Now, I cringe every time I hear "severe thunderstorm watch"...that and every time the wind blows hard. Really sucks.

Yes, but that was also a very wet summer so the roots were loosened a bit. Luckily we weathered (no pun intended) that one well.

Hang in there Copper. :mug:

Well, I guess ya'll know what happened "down here" iffen you caught the news this morn.

I am Ok and so are my animals. I know its crazy to live in this trailor, but the main house on the farm burned to the ground back in '88. I stay here for sentimental reasons. ;)

I did take cover inside here at one point.
storm07.jpg

(yeah, thats a lawn chair up on top, me neices and nephews call this our fort)

I certainly did not desire to seek refuge in the tool shed. :(

However the dirtroad/driveway is at an impasse' and my GD chainsaw won't crank as freaking usual. I shall drive the Quad to the beer store, if I had found you HBT'ers earlier I would have me own homebrew. :D

God keep the rest of you safe, bad weather running rampant.
Copper

I'm in Des Moines. 3/4 of the states roads are closed. Snow is any where to 3-16" across the state. It doesn't sound too bad but under that snow is 1/4" layer of ice. It rained for several hours before we got the snow.

Snow drifts in some areas are 8 feet!! Its about 26'F but the wind is really strong. Gust up to 40mph.

Stayin' Home Today!!!! :tank:

Not really: snow, rain, wind, hail, sunshine, repeat. Snow yesterday and 60F today. Winter in the pacific northwest.

Haven't seen a tornado in 10 years. I was working at Applied materials in Sunnyvale, CA and one of the other contractors was looking out the window at that special yellow sky. He said, "If I was home in Nebraska, I'd be headed for the storm cellar." About 15 minutes later the first tornado in 20 years touched down about three miles away.

david_42 said:
Not really: snow, rain, wind, hail, sunshine, repeat. Snow yesterday and 60F today. Winter in the pacific northwest.

Haven't seen a tornado in 10 years. I was working at Applied materials in Sunnyvale, CA and one of the other contractors was looking out the window at that special yellow sky. He said, "If I was home in Nebraska, I'd be headed for the storm cellar." About 15 minutes later the first tornado in 20 years touched down about three miles away.

I've heard through the grapevine it sounds like a freight train. I was doing lots of "listening" yesterday, but the color of the air was totally freaky. I know folks refer to it as the color of the sky, but I shall go one step further....the actual air is orange/yellow/green....hard to describe the color.

I hear some died in Alabam. Many others injured.
Mother Nature is a *****.
God Bless them all....

Copper

Back