• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bayou Classic Bayou Cookers on sale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my janky cheap-o burner and came across the BIG (22" wide surface) Banjo cooker on sale.

It's on here for $99, but they have a 15% off sale going on if you use the code "turkey15" when you check-out.

http://www.bayouclassiccooking.com/bayou-cooker-w-hose-guard.html

I am not affiliated with them, just wanted to pass the word on. ALL of their stuff is 15% off right now with that check-out code.

Right... the stand is why am looking at this one.

The smaller ones have 17" surfaces, and a keggle is just over 16" in diameter. I'd like a little more room for error!

Right... the stand is why am looking at this one.

The smaller ones have 17" surfaces, and a keggle is just over 16" in diameter. I'd like a little more room for error!

Yes I have the KB4, and it makes me a little nervous some times with the keggel on it. Thanks for the heads up.

any one ever use there SS stock pots? 20gallon for 150 -15%= 127, sounds like a good deal. they even have a 40 gallon for 370!

Over $22 for shipping to Washington State? Good lord.

Yeah, it's a lot for shipping, but I really haven't found it anywhere else for cheaper when you add in shipping. The cheapest shipper I found still wanted about $15 to ship it to me, but their base price was higher, so the link I posted has (for me) been the cheapest by a few dollars.

Still scouring the web for a better deal...

There's a reason I am replacing it. It has started to produce large licking orange flames that leave a greasy black soot on everything. Not a soot you can just spray or wipe off... the crap needs major elbow grease with soap to remove. I ruined my clothes last time I brewed and left greasy black stains on my deck.

I have not tried to find the source of the problem yet, but the whole thing is rusty and I suspect there is a hole somewhere in the thing that is letting in too much air or something.

Having said all of that, I won't be needing it after I receive my new one, and I would not feel right selling it, so if I replace this (99% certain I will) you can definately have it.

Yes I have the KB4, and it makes me a little nervous some times with the keggel on it. Thanks for the heads up.

any one ever use there SS stock pots? 20gallon for 150 -15%= 127, sounds like a good deal. they even have a 40 gallon for 370!

If you already have the KAB4 do what I did cut the stand and change the orientation of them and weld them up . if you don't have a welder any body shop will weld them up for a few $

solution.JPG

kegs sits rock solid now

solution1.JPG

I dunno a welding setup is a lot more then 20$ ;)

My time is worth more than $20, so I think I'll just pay the extra money and save the time for something else.

Don't get me wrong, I like to DIY for a lot of my brewery stuff, but modifying the burner doesn't seem worth it.

I use them for all 3. I have 3 of the 15.5gal ones. They are reasonably thick, thick enough to drop and not dent to be sure, even with water in em. Definitely thick enough to drill through for bulkheads. I have never seen a megapot in person, but the boilermakers I saw looked to be about the same thickness.

They look nice and shiny, but I have found some messes to be pretty hard to clean up. There is some light browness on the bottom of my BK that won't come off with any amount of elbow grease + PBW. I have learned to live with that, since it doesnt do anything to the taste either. Everything else just whisks right off though, usually dont even have to scrub.

The MLT is not jacketed, and in 30F weather with wind, covered, it loses about 2-5F every 15 minutes. This is also recirculating the wort though, so the pot is responsible for only a small piece of that. It holds temp pretty well, about half as well as my rubbermaid did...if I could estimate.

All in all, I am quite pleased with my purchase.

All in all, I am quite pleased with my purchase.

Thanks for the info I've been starting with 14 gallons in my keggel for the past few batches, and have to be vary diligent with the spray bottle for the first 45 min of the boil. A 20 gallon pot would be nice, especially for that price.

PS

Your up in Bend OR? Has baker got any good snow yet this season? I'm planing on getting up there in February for some turns...Think Snow!

Thanks for the info I've been starting with 14 gallons in my keggel for the past few batches, and have to be vary diligent with the spray bottle for the first 45 min of the boil. A 20 gallon pot would be nice, especially for that price.

PS

Your up in Bend OR? Has baker got any good snow yet this season? I'm planing on getting up there in February for some turns...Think Snow!

Try a house fan on high blowing down into the pot. I do that for my 10gal and for the most part I dont have any boilover. But hey, I'd like a 20gal too.

I am thinking you mean Bachelor...as Baker is about 300 miles north of me. Bachelor has gotten a good base rolling and is opening on Saturday. My season pass will start to get its workout on that day. ;) We should be getting another 6in or more this weekend. :rockin:

One more thing ON topic...a place over here on the west coast actually prepares these for the non-DIY inclined.

The site is terrible, so I will give you multiple links.
If you actually want to buy something, use this one and navigate to the product: http://homebrewheaven.com/

To see the pot:
http://store.homebrewheaven.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?RowID=1732&CS=hombre&All=

And additions like this one can be added:
http://store.homebrewheaven.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?RowID=728&CS=hombre&All=

Note that you won't get the 15% off coupon though...which is the actual point of this post.

One more thing ON topic...a place over here on the west coast actually prepares these for the non-DIY inclined.

The site is terrible, so I will give you multiple links.
If you actually want to buy something, use this one and navigate to the product: http://homebrewheaven.com/

To see the pot:
http://store.homebrewheaven.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?RowID=1732&CS=hombre&All=

And additions like this one can be added:
http://store.homebrewheaven.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?RowID=728&CS=hombre&All=

Note that you won't get the 15% off coupon though...which is the actual point of this post.
wow, in case anyone forgot what 1997 looked like, click those links ^^ :p

True but a less beefy stand.

Capable of holding pots up to 80 vs 162-Qt. Stockpots

The diameter of the stand legs are the same between the two I have looked at both units only difference is the KAB6 has wider stand/legs. They will both hold the same weight . I have had my 120qt pot filled to the brim on mine

Shipping is high because these things weigh a TON.
I got the kab4 but I knew I was going to cut it up to mount it to my brew tree.

Back