Traveling to Toronto

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MriswitH

Reaction score
SWMBO is going to be working north of Toronto for a couple weeks so I get to take a mini vacation and stay for about a week. Looking for some advice from anyone thats been.

Touristy-esque things, good pubs, must-do (and nots) etc. I'm probably going to be driving over while she will have already flown in.

Thanks!

Upcoming Beer Events in Toronto & Elsewhere

There are a slew of beer events coming up in Toronto, as well as a couple happening elsewhere that will be worth the trip. Here's the full list:

Thu Oct 8 - Great Lakes Project X @ Great Lakes Brewery (Etobicoke)
Thu Oct 8 - Mill Street Brewmasters Dinner @ Mill Street Brewpub
Tue Oct 13 - Cask Days 2009 tickets on sale @ Volo
Sat Oct 17 - CASK! Social @ C'est What
Sat Oct 17 - Brewery Collectibles Show & Sale @ Hardball Cafe
Sat Oct 17 - HOPS! Beer Benefit @ Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Sat Oct 17 - Oktoberfest Party @ Cole's (Buffalo, NY)
Mon Oct 26 to Wed Oct 28 - Pre-Cask Days 2009: Traditional English Ales @ Volo
Thu Oct 29 - Pre-Cask Days 2009: Final Four IPA Re-Cap @ Volo
Thu Oct 29 - Cameron's Cask Night @ Cameron's Brewery (Oakville)
Fri Oct 30 & Sat Oct 31 - Cask Days 2009 @ Volo
Sun Nov 1 & Mon Nov 2 @ Post-Cask Days 2009 Wrap-Up
Fri Nov 6 & Sat Nov 7 - Italian Craft Beer Tasting @ Cole's (Buffalo, NY)
Thu Nov 12 - Great Lakes Project X @ Great Lakes Brewery (Etobicoke)
Thu Nov 12 - Tutored Tastings of Classic Beer Styles @ Black Creek Historic Brewery
Fri Nov 20 - The King of Quads: A Quadrupel Latteral Tasting @ Volo
Sat Nov 21 - A Night at the Brewery @ Black Creek Historic Brewery
Thu Nov 26 - Cameron's Cask Night @ Cameron's Brewery (Oakville)
Nov (tba) - Moylan's Brewery Tasting @ Volo
Nov (tba) - Phillips Beer Company Tasting @ Volo
Fri Dec 4 to Sun Dec 6 - Buffalo Cask Ale Festival @ Cole's & Mr. Goodbar (Buffalo, NY)
Thu Dec 10 - Great Lakes Project X @ Great Lakes Brewery (Etobicoke)
Sat Dec 12 - Hopfenstark Tasting @ Volo
Jan 2010 (tba) - First Annual Ontario Stout/Porter Cask Challenge @ Volo

For more information and discussion about all of these events, see the Events area on the Bar Towel Forum.

http://www.bartowel.com/

You missed the event of the year in Toronto today, The SOB's teach a friend to brew day at Amsterdam brewing!

Prepare yourself for some price shock beer is expensive here.

If you make it downtown toronto you should stop at amsterdam and grab some of their nut brown (I recommend the 500 ml bottles IMO they taste better than the smaller ones)

Also check out cest what I'm always trying to get there everyone raves about it

John

Thanks everyone!

I looked for tickets for a Leafs game, but unless I wanted to fork out several hundred dollars for tickets it a no-go. I'll definitely look into the pubs mentioned too!

Hockey Hall of Fame.

Leafs game would be awesome!

Toronto is a nice city. Wife and I went when we were younger and really enjoyed it (for a city). The CN tower is a hoot. They have glass floors that you can look down all the way to the ground. It's safe to walk on, but most people avoid it because they are afraid of falling through. What they don't tell people is that pretty much all of the floor is glass, they just carpet most of it because people are too scared to stand on it. So people are actually walking around on the glass an not even knowing it!

There's a new place called The Three Brewers that I've heard good things about. Steam Whistle brewery is always fun and it is near the CN tower.
Raptors game.
If you have time. Take a drive with your wife along the wine route. Starts in Hamilton area and finishes in Niagara Falls.
If you do make sure to stop at Malivoire and Tawz wineries. Get the butterfly blush from Malivoire.

Back