4x4 vehicle rental

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewski8986

Reaction score
Any one have any experience renting a four wheel drive truck or SUV ? We called enterprise rentals and they said they can not guarantee a four wheel drive vehicle . We're going to be flying into Denver and driving to vail and do not want to risk having two wheel drive .

Try searching for a specific 4x4 rental company. I'm not so sure around the Denver area but I know areas with offroading will have specific businesses that rent rigs.

I've tried reserving other types of vehicles from Enterprise, Budget and Hertz. They either flat won't guarantee a specific model (say, Explorer 4x4), want you to reserve way in advance or send you to the one location that does specific reservations and still wants you to reserve way in advance.

If this trip is coming up soon, you may want to try a place that specializes in 4x4s.

Try searching for a specific 4x4 rental company. I'm not so sure around the Denver area but I know areas with offroading will have specific businesses that rent rigs.

Never mind, Google search didn't turn up much...

If you do find one, make sure you test the 4x4 before you leave. My wife and I went to Kauai once and had reserved a mid sized compact rental. Sure enough they were out, but offered us an upgrade to a towncar or a explorer 4x4. Being an island I took the explorer, and eventually at one point in the trip we ended up at a pretty remote beach. Long story short, they had disabled the 4x4 button, and all it did was engage the LED. Guess how I found out? :mad:

Last time I flew out to Denver in the winter, I had no problem getting a 4wd, the lot was full of them, and there was plenty of snow. FYI I used National, cause I could get a deal thru work

If you book a mid- or large-size SUV from Enterprise you will get a 4x4. I worked there for 4 years right out of college and I don't think I ever came across a 2wd SUV. Remember, they have to sell the rigs after they've rented 'em, 2wd SUV's are a tough sell in the Denver area.

Awesome thanks guys I looked up specific 4x4 sites online it looked like mostly jeeps But did not call . I would hope that most of the suburbans and pick ups would be 4x4 in a snow state . They just didn't sound so sure they would have one . It's an airport though so if they don't I'm sure one of the other ten companies will . I feel better with the info though . I have learned a ton about beer here but it's worth so much more than that thanks again guys

Latest posts

Back