Just started! Excited to learn.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_rogers

Reaction score
Hey everyone John here.
I've been a beer enthusiast for a little while now and brewing seemed to be the next step.
I just started brewing my first batch. it's just finished its first week!
All of this is very exciting, especially with the wealth of info from all of you.
Looking forward to future conversations.

Cheers :mug:

Hey everyone John here.
I've been a beer enthusiast for a little while now and brewing seemed to be the next step.
All of this is very exciting, especially with the wealth of info from all of you.

Sorry I missed your post, dude. Yeah, brewing is a fun and exciting hobby. Feel free to ask questions in the appropriate forum and you will get plenty of advice. Good luck in your brewing adventure. :)

This is by far the most valuable source of information on brewing around. You will often get multiple methods for doing a particular process. Just remember, ultimately you can do whatever you want as long as you sanitize, sanitize, and sanitize again.

What type of beer is your first batch?

Hey everyone John here.

Welcome to HBT mr_rogers.. You came to the right place for info on this hobby... Keep us posted.

Cheers
Jay

My second batch will be bottled in the next week so not a lot of advice. But I do have a couple. First, this has been a great resource for me and I recommend checking this thread as often as you can. Second, keep fementation temps down. High temps caused my first to have to have an interesting banana taste. I guess that leads to my third and final piece of advice, be patient, my first brew is just starting to come around at almost a month after bottling.

This is by far the most valuable source of information on brewing around. You will often get multiple methods for doing a particular process. Just remember, ultimately you can do whatever you want as long as you sanitize, sanitize, and sanitize again.

What type of beer is your first batch?

I don't want to ruin a batch of beer so i've been excessively careful with my sanitation from the get go. Starsan makes it so much easier, i can't imagine dealing with bleach...

Actually my first batch is a recipe from the recipe section on here. A slight variation on scottmd06's recipe "Extract - American Amber/Wheat/Blonde Ale" because my brew shop didn't have everything i needed. Thankfully it has been cold, so my house stays around 66 and goes up to seventy every once in a while.

I'm excited to bottle! This upcoming wednesday will be my two week mark and the beer looks great already. it takes a lot of self control to not just open it up and try!

Thanks for the responses everyone.
John

Back