Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, talk about getting in under the wire. I've been too busy to look lately, but finally got the chance

added:

2 bags 2row
1 bag c60
closed the fuggle
added to the magnum

extremely disappointed that i missed the cascade and centennial!!

I've been buying these lately for storing grain I use alot (base grains and such).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pet-Food-Storage-Container-Cats-Dogs/10811477?findingMethod=rr

Currently at the cheapest price I've seen and you can pick up in store. They hold about 3/4 of a bag.

if you get the next size up container of these (40 or 50lbs) they easily hold an entire bag. I have a slew of these for all my opened specialties and base grains. They work great. I put in all my sacks in the bags they come in, or in the giant ziplock bags. Figure any extra barrier helps prolong the goodness.

I added to the 1/3 split of aromatic - so we are at 117!! Wahoo. A couple more free slots of grain and hops left so feel free to take advantage. THe next buy will occur in ~4 months or so.

Added a C-60 split under the 1/3 bag splits, and I took 2/3 of it. Anyone want the other 1/3? I currently have a full bag under my order but would rather take 2/3 (hence this split).

I'll remove my full bag if this split fills.

copyright1997 said:
Add another cascade and centennial (type) split. They may fill. How many # of each were you looking for?

If there was interest, I would drop the magnum and a 2lbs max each of the centennial and the cascade. Any interest out there for adding these on?

Added a C-60 split under the 1/3 bag splits, and I took 2/3 of it. Anyone want the other 1/3? I currently have a full bag under my order but would rather take 2/3 (hence this split).

I'll remove my full bag if this split fills.

ah you know you will use it anyhow! :D

I think that from now on I will be buying C60 in full bags. I seem to really chew through it.

I wanted to mention that... if anyone is interested in C40 at 1/3 share we could lower the buy in on that from 1/2 to 1/3, pending gcdowd is ok with that. I am still ok with reverting back to 1/2 split if it does not close. b Just checked my stash and I had a bit more than I thought.

I think that from now on I will be buying C60 in full bags. I seem to really chew through it.

I wanted to mention that... if anyone is interested in C40 at 1/3 share we could lower the buy in on that from 1/2 to 1/3, pending gcdowd is ok with that. I am still ok with reverting back to 1/2 split if it does not close. b Just checked my stash and I had a bit more than I thought.

I'm up for the 1/3 C40! I dropped my C60 full bag, took the 1/3 of the C60, and took the 1/3 of the 120. So 1/3 of the C40 would be awesome! If it is a go, add it to my order!

I updated the sheet so you can do 1/3 splits for this one. So if gcdowd is good, you guys can change that.

I also dropped the magnum that i had, and added 2 lbs each of the centennial and the cascade... Please fill this people, or SWMBO will kill me! She loves these in her beer LOL

jeffb418 said:
I updated the sheet so you can do 1/3 splits for this one. So if gcdowd is good, you guys can change that.

I'm ok with that. I was gonna suggest it anyway.

What's that you said? Oh, you want to get in on that brown malt split? Ok, go ahead.

What's that you said? Oh, you want to get in on that brown malt split? Ok, go ahead.

Let me know if you want to make this a 1/3 split to make it easier to close out. Or we could do 1/2,1/4,1/4. Or 2/3, 1/3. As long as we keep it to 3 or less bags per split, I'm ok with those combos.

Ok all the C40 is set up in 1/3rds.

Just a heads up, Jeff will be posting out schedule of intent for the order close up, which will occur THIS FRIDAY.

1. Expect an email from Jeff indicating that the order has officially closed.
2. Email will contact my mailing information and full name (you will be writing a check for your prepayment directly to me)
3. Once I receive all checks and process them I will place the order and get actual costs.
4. Once I have actual costs I will determine the difference between actual and paid and let people know what money they will be getting back or have to pay in. (Likely you will be getting a small credit back).
5. Bags required for split participation will be included into your final cost (you will be charged at cost).

Whatever hops are not closed up by Friday will be dropped from the order. If we don't hit 122 bags we will still place the order for pallet #2.

Please keep an eye on the thread this Friday. If you are sure you are done with your buying feel free to send your payment early (see the dollar value listed on your name for the buy sheet).

Thanks all

Lastly Here are the final splits that are open for hops / grain / chem:

HU-90GMG Magnum 9
HU-90WLT Willamette 5
HU-90CLM Columbus 2
HU-90WAR Warrior 5
HU‐90STG Styrian Golding 6
HU-90CTP Centennial Type 4
HU-90CAS Cascade 3

---------------------------------
GRAIN
1. TF-BRWN (Brown Malt) 0.5 (available in .25 splits to close this out) - this one is for twogunz, so we better close it since he is letting us use his loading dock for delivery!

2. BZ-MELN (Melanoidin Malt) 0.7 - needs 1/3 share

---------------------------------
CHEM
1. Star San needs 2 participants

jeffb418 said:
Let me know if you want to make this a 1/3 split to make it easier to close out. Or we could do 1/2,1/4,1/4. Or 2/3, 1/3. As long as we keep it to 3 or less bags per split, I'm ok with those combos.

I'd be happy with 1/3, thanks

We need two more takers on star san. Can anyone help close it out? It's so cheap that I'd love to get at it at this price.

BUYERS: PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR PAYMENT AND PICKUP SCHEDULE

I sent this to the email registered to the spreadsheet.

Key Dates:
May 11th - Order Closed/Deposit Amounts Posted
May 19th - Deposit checks MUST be in CidahMastah's mailbox by this date
June 2nd - Pickup from 10:15-Noon at TwoGunz's family business

Sweet, I was picturing trying to pour and measure it into buckets and it didn't sound like a lot of fun.

Yeah I just use the jug to refill my starsan bottle. It is a lot of star san, but man the price is super cheap. I just wish they had the same thing for one step, which I prefer over starsan. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Any objections to using heavy grade trash bags (black type) for splits this time around? The white ones used before were too thin and seemed to split too easy. I'll also use zipties to close the bags, should keep them nice and closed.

How are the Location Pick up groups working out? I would be part of the Rochester contingent and see that jdowling is the driver so how do I add my order to that list? I have ordered 5 bags so that may be a lot to ask of them?

How are the Location Pick up groups working out? I would be part of the Rochester contingent and see that jdowling is the driver so how do I add my order to that list? I have ordered 5 bags so that may be a lot to ask of them?

I would PM him directly and see if he can do it. If so, then add your name to that group.

So close to filling the third pallet, only 5 bags to go.

Bryan,

we might be able to work something out where I grab your grain along with mparsons and he drops it off on the way back when he picks his stuff up from me. I would PM mparsons and coordinate (offering a little gas sharing cost sure wouldn't hurt ;))

EDIT:

Sorry for the misunderstanding - I moved your name over to the "picking up own" column. With the assumption that you will be ok with Saturday pickup as per Jeff's email.

Added .334 to the BROWN malt split.

If you like Porters, Browns and Stouts this is a great malt to add depth of flavor without acrid burnt or harsh flavors. Only a few more months until full on porter / stout brewing for me! Er wait.. I plan on brewing a nice chocolate stout within a week or so for my nitro tap. So I guess stouts are year round for me :D

Added .334 to the BROWN malt split.

If you like Porters, Browns and Stouts this is a great malt to add depth of flavor without acrid burnt or harsh flavors. Only a few more months until full on porter / stout brewing for me! Er wait.. I plan on brewing a nice chocolate stout within a week or so for my nitro tap. So I guess stouts are year round for me :D

I just closed out the Brown Malt split.

This is getting out of hand.

I just closed out the Magnum and dropped my additional 1# each of Cascade and Centennial.

I removed my sack of marris since we made our threshold and still have 3/4 of a sack. Picked up some more of the hop splits. Nice rally in the end.

Back