having a carbination issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer one

Reaction score
About once a month or so I make root beer and force carb it at 30 psi for some reason this time it wont carb. the only thing that I did differant was to only heat 1.5 gal of water to dissolve the sugar could this be a problem? I checked I have no co2 leaks.

About once a month or so I make root beer and force carb it at 30 psi for some reason this time it wont carb. the only thing that I did differant was to only heat 1.5 gal of water to dissolve the sugar could this be a problem? I checked I have no co2 leaks.

No, the heat shouldn't affect this at all. How long have you had it at 30 psi? Have you tried giving it a shake?

Its been at 30psi for 2 weeks yes I shook it .....it's very weird. I would be super concerned if it were beer

problem solved..... my co2 tank was just about empty, right about the middle of the red line on the high pressure gauge. I changed out tanks and checked today and things were carbing up nicely. Thanks for your input. Bottoms up you crazy YOUPPER!

Latest posts

Back