• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Lawn Darts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive Drab

Reaction score
Im looking for a set of the original lawn darts with the metal tips. Please let me know your asking price
thanks

I have seen sets at flea markets. They usually want crazy prices for them. Last unopened set I saw they wanted $80.

My favorite game that used these was 2 player. The object if the game was to get to 10 points. You gained a point when your opponent picked up or moved where either of their feet were planted our you hit them in a fleshy area.

Pretty simple- pace off a reasonable distance, face each other, and take turns lobbing the darts.

Great fun for all ages.

Great banning yard darts must have been my fault. I thought you threw them in the air and see if you can get away before it hits you. 8O

Should have said something earlier I saw a set for like 10 bux not too long ago. I already have a set so I wasn't interested. Searching for jarts may help you find some, there are still millions of sets out there.

bottlebomber said:
Banned in the united states for causing multiple deaths.

I didn't believe you until I Google. Its called thinning out the herd. Shouldn't be banned.

Played with those when I was around 10 years old and loved them. No way a product like that would fly today.

I am pretty sure they have been banned from ebay too. I have seen the ones with weights on the ends in stores though.

I've got a set of Jarts my wife got for $2 at a yard sale about ten years ago. Lots of fun - just don't play with or around stupid people.

I have an original 1968 set of "Javelin Darts" (which became....Jarts). What's your offer? :D

I was on this hunt about 3 years ago. Ended up having to get a friend in UK to buy some for me and ship them to me conspicuously. Crappy thing was, half of the fins broke off of them the first game we played.
If you can get your hands on a legit classic set, I say do that.

There used to be a guy named "The Jart Man" that had a mailing list and also sold new target rings and replacement parts.

There are a ton of variations. I believe the "Jart Missiles" have a little more blunt tip (still metal); they may be a later model. The slider ones were pretty cool too; they made that crazy loud noise when they hit they ground (/body).

Interesting link: http://www.tossinggames.com/index.cgi?board=jarts&action=display&thread=2215

Seems like the Jart Man may not be around anymore...

Back